"I'll be your light" Shoji x reader nightmare comfort

Credits for the photo: idk actually, I just googled pictures and this was the first that came up.
Requested by: The_Collector_22

You were afraid of the dark, as much as you didn't want to admit it you were, this is one of the few things you hadn't told your amazing boyfriend Shoji about. That and your nightmares.

Tonight just so happened to be one of those nights where you got a nightmare, a rather terrifying nightmare at that, you had dreamt that there had been a blackout and suddenly you couldn't see as everything was it pitch black darkness as creppy tendrils reached out from the darkness to grab you and dragger you further into said darkness where you swore you could hear voices constantly shouting, yelling and sometimes whispering right in the back of your mind. You woke up with a gasp, looking around your dark room you got even more scared, drenched in the sweat that rolled down your (s/c) skin. You slowly got up out of bed and went to the bathroom to splash some cold water on your face and try to somewhat fix your messy (h/l) (h/c) hair.

After that you deicided to go to your boyfriend Shoji's dorm which was in the guy's side of the dormitory. Slowly but surely you silently crept along to go to you're boyfriends dorm. When you got there you knocked gently to see if he was awake, as it turned out, he was in fact awake. He opened the door slowly, wondering who could be here knocking on his dormroom door so late at night. "Oh? Jellyfish? What are you doing up so late?" He said softly, concern and confusion lacing his voice. "I- I had a nightmare..." you said tiredly rubbing your eyes and looking up at your dupli-armed boyfriend. "Oh Jellyfish, come here." He said as he led you inside his dorm and gave you a nice comforting hug. "Could you tell me what it was about? Jellyfish?" He said as he sat down on his bed and patted the space next to him.

You sat down and explained what the nightmare was about, tears pricking at the edge of your (e/c) eyes. "Oh Jellyfish I'm so sorry, I had no idea you were so scared of the dark." He said softly as he cupped your face and brushed away the tears with his thumb. "It's okay Shoji, it's not your fault" You said, looking deep into his eyes. Shoji pulls you into a hug, rubbing your back with one if his hands, patting your head with another. "Listen, Baby, when its dark out and things are getting spooky, just know, I'll be your light to guide you through it" he said placing a kiss on your forehead before you both cuddle up under the covers and fall asleep safe in eachothers arms.

(Damn 480 words for my first oneshot! That's more than I had expected but sorry it's short, I'm tired and this is my first oneshot.)

(See you next time Jellyfish!)