4. Are You Protecting Her?

Adley's POV
As I'm training Caspian comes up to me and I stop.

"Hey, how's Magnus doing?" He asks me "Much better, he in fact has met this warlock centuries ago and knows exactly how to handle him." I catch him up

"Good I know you were worried about him." Caspian tells me "You know me so well." I flirt with him and he smiles which makes me smile.

"I know what will help you relax." Caspian says quietly as he holds my hand and pulls me closer to him. "And what would that be?" I ask him and he puts his hand on my cheek and pulls me in more.

"Not kissing my daughter that's for sure." Dad makes us jump and we pull apart. "Jace" Mom says annoyed at him and mom and I smile at each other.

"Adley, Magnus wants your help and Caspian I need your's." Dad informs us "Good luck" I tell Caspian quickly and mom quietly laughs at that as I go to uncle Magnus.

Caspian's POV
"Am I in trouble?" I ask Jace "Nope, I just need your help on a mission. You're one of our strongest soldiers and this is a tough mission. Warning this demon has already killed 2 Shadowhunters but they weren't our top guys. They asked for you, well and me too." Jace sort of compliments me.

"Oh, thank you, I guess." I say to him and we get our gear.

We go into a train track underground for the hunt and it's freezing cold down here. We get our blades out and they shine through the darkness.

"Question for you" Jace randomly says as we wait for the demon. "Ok" "How much do you love my daughter?" He asks me "Oh, enough to sacrifice myself for her." I tell him honestly and he looks at me proudly and with almost a smile. "Thank you for being there for her." He tells me "Always, she's been there for me too. She's so thoughtful" I tell him

"Yeah, she's always been like that. Making sure everyone else stays safe before herself. Even when she was 5 she would protect us first." That makes me blush when he says that but I try to keep my cool.

"That does sound like her. You know, I umm never really believed in love until I met her. Your daughter sprung it out of me." I compliment her and he smiles.

"She has that affect on people. Always seeing the best in everyone." Jace explains and I nod in agreement.

"If you don't mind me asking how's your mom doing?" Jace asks and I sigh. "Honestly I haven't even be talking to her. I don't want to" I admit "Hey, totally understandable, with difficult parents you and I have been in the same situation. Especially Clary, we get it. Just wanted you to know that." Jace helps me and it actually does help.

"Thank you and Adley beat you too that. When she found out about my mom she told me about Valentine too help me and it did. What you said really helped to coming from you. Thank you" I tell him and he nods at me.

A demon comes up to us from under our feet and throws us to the ground. "Ugh!" Jace and I grunt at the same time. I kick up from the shoulder and kick it in the stomach and it goes down. Jace kicks its ankle and we get our blades in him.

"Nice work" Jace says to me and that makes me feel really good. "Thanks, you too" Except the demon quickly comes back and I slice its hand off as it screeches. Jace slices through the body in a straight through slice. We wait for a bit out of breath.

Still nothing
Still nothing
Still nothing

"Ok, I think we got the damn thing." Jace announces and we go back to the institute.