MY OC

FULL NAME: Aisling

FULL NAME: Aisling

NICKNAMES/TITLES: Lieutenant of the Dreaming, Lord Morpheus' Lieutenant, the Daydream, the Hunter

PREFERRED NAME: Aisling; the Daydream

AGE OF APPEARANCE: 26

GENDER & PRONOUNS: Agender, they/them

DREAM OR NIGHTMARE? Neither, really, but a Dream is perhaps the most accurate description.

APPEARANCE: Aisling is tall and rather thin, with angular features and muscular arms and legs. Their skin is paper-pale and unblemished, and seems to stretch abnormally over their bones. They have long, wavy red hair, a sort of red that looks like fire in the right light. Their eyes are gray, and slightly wider than natural. They tend to dress in grays and blacks, and have a... dramatic sense of style. Sweeping gowns, dramatic silhouettes and contrast, and beautifully constructed lacework make up the bulk of Aisling's wardrobe.

PERSONALITY: Aisling is sharp and angular in personality as well as in appearance, being more than a little prickly and brutal. They are quick to jump to the defense of their Lord and his realm, and have what many could consider a short temper. Aisling is the sort to respond to any slight with their own barbs, striking to cut, and deeply. They have a sarcastic, cutting wit that they employ whenever possible, and often react with pure violence. Aisling was made to be a warrior, and it shows in their personality. Brutal is a very, very good word to describe Aisling, in fact, and they embody this descriptor well. Get on Aisling's bad side, and you chances of you walking away with limbs and emotions intact are slim. However, Aisling has an unwavering loyalty that directs all their other actions. They will obey their lord, their creator, without question and to the best of their ability, no matter what he asks of them. In truth, Aisling is benevolent, because their existence up to this point has allowed them to be, to cultivate that part of them. They do not cause physical harm without need, and they are determined to accomplish their task.

BACKSTORY: Aisling was created by Dream of the Endless millenia ago. They are not certain exactly when they came into being, and that fact has never been very important to them. Instead, they focused on fulfilling their duties and getting to know the Dreaming and its people. For most of their life, Aisling's duties have been to watch over visitors to the Dreaming from other realms—those who are not sleepers—patrol the borders in times of strife, and fetch rogue Nightmares, which did run off on occasion. It was not very taxing, but Aisling liked it. They enjoyed being able to know their Lord's other creations, to be able to be so close to him. Aisling has befriended nearly every citizen of the Dreaming over the centuries, and is rather proud of that. When Lord Morpheus disappeared 130 years ago, Aisling clung to hope that he would come back. He had to; without him, the Dreaming would fall apart. With Lucienne, Aisling did their best to hold the people together, and to run the dreaming as best the pair of them could. When others began to leave, doubting either Lord Morpheus' ability to return or his desire to, Aisling stayed, stubborn in their faith in him. Their days have become much duller, since the library faded and the palace began to crumble, but they still have Lucienne, and she's a very good companion in dark times. Aisling has never given up hope, and as such has refused to abandon their home.

STRENGTHS: Physically strong and lithe, with an almost supernatural speed. Surprisingly good with people, as long as they're on Aisling's good side. Knowledge of languages and customs in most civilizations. Loyalty, devotion, dedication. Very good at emotionally destroying people.

WEAKNESSES: Extremely easy to offend and anger. Loyal to the point of blindness. Violence is often their first answer to a problem. Comes across as strange and unnatural to most humans, which often makes them avoid Aisling. Vindictive, ruthless, brutal.

HABITS & HOBBIES: Aisling tends to hold themself statue-still when at rest. They clench their fists when annoyed. As for hobbies, Aisling enjoys reading the books in Lucinne's library, getting to know new Dreams and Nightmares, and practicing with their sword—because of course they carry a sword, what do you take them for?

OKAY WITH THEM BEING INJURED? Oh, I plan on it 😉

THEME SONG: Still Here by Digital Daggers

AESTHETIC: Red hair, fire, marble-pale skin, long dresses, gray eyes, swords, chiffon, darkness.

QUOTES: "You need to come back with me. Now." "My Lord! I knew you would return..." "At least I know my place. It seems that you have forgotten yours."