Chapter 35

Lisa

Everything within me was crying out for me to rip Taehyung's head clear off of his shoulders, but Jennie's gentle hand upon my chest was enough to keep the beast within. For now anyway.

"You didn't answer my question." Jennie smiled an insincere smile at Taehyung as he practically foamed at the mouth.

"You should teach your mate some manners. A true alpha has control over their mate at all times." Taehyung intentionally ignored Jennie's question as his eyes flew to mine. I opened my mouth to tell him exactly where he could shove his manners, but Jennie spoke up before I could.

"No, a true alpha does not need to control anyone, least of all those who are weaker than they are. Lisa as a true alpha does not control me, she respects and supports me, and she sure as hell does not kidnap helpless humans and enslave them to prove her dominance."

Taehyung growled and took a step around the head of the table and towards Jennie.

"Take one more step towards my mate and I will redecorate the walls of this room with your insides." I growled and pushed Jennie protectively behind me. I should be pissed that she had blatantly ignored my instructions to ignore Taehyung, but that was her personality and I wouldn't change anything about her.

My skin was growing hot and I was sure that my eyes were glowing. I was begging him to shift and give me an excuse to end him. He was way past his due. Taehyung's face changed instantly, the anger that was there before was quickly replaced by a devious smile and then he burst into a hearty laughter. I watched his every movement like a predator, something about this whole situation was off. Now instead of rising to the challenge, Taehyung was laughing like it was all an amusing joke.

"Your Luna is a spitfire!" Taehyung howled and sat back at the head of the table and gulped down the remaining wine in his glass. I glanced back at Jennie, whose expression was just as confused as I was.

"Sit. Enough of this masculinity. There is too much food, wine and females to waste our time challenging one another." Taehyung smiled and I did not miss the sneer that he gave Jennie.

"I think we have had enough for one night." With a swift jerk of my head, I motioned for my pack members to move out. They did instantly, while carefully watching all of those who were around us. I grabbed Jennie's hand and pulled her along behind me.

"I'll see you tonight. We can discuss the matter of your visit in detail." Taehyung smiled into his wine glass without ever looking back up at me.

"You can count on it." I said barely above a whisper.

Once outside, Jennie snatched her hand from mine. I turned and looked at her, her eyes were still misty from unshed tears.

"He deliberately ignored my question." She huffed.

"That's because he can't answer your question. He is hiding something and I intend to figure out what that is tonight." I turned away from her and walked back towards the building which Taehyung had cleared out for us to stay in. I inhaled the cool night air, willing it to help calm me down.

"You mean we." Jennie caught up with me quickly, her eyes boring into me.

"No, I said what I meant. Taehyung has called for the other alphas in the surrounding area. There are no mates or Lunas allowed."

"Fine. I'm not about to challenge those customs, not today anyway, but what about those girls. I refuse to leave them at the mercy of those Lycans for another second."

"I said I would free them and I will. You're going to have to learn to put a little faith in me and stop fighting me at every turn." I raised an eyebrow at her, waiting for her rebuttal. I could tell that she wanted to argue. As a matter of fact, she bit her lip in an effort to keep quiet. I laughed at her and brought her closer to my side as we walked towards the house. She stepped up onto the porch and I stayed on the ground. She now matched my own height, perfectly.

"Stop fretting over the alphas' meeting and start worrying about what I'm going to do to you after seeing you in that dress when I return." My voice turned husky and Jennie's cheeks blushed a crimson red as I pulled her towards me and claimed her mouth as my own. She instantly responded to my touch by bringing her arms up and entrapping my neck.

I was completely intoxicated by her touch, which was saying a lot as it was practically impossible for a Lycan to get drunk. Our bodies metabolised alcohol too quickly to get drunk, but with Jennie, just something as simple as her lips on mine, had my head buzzing.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get her body close enough to mine. I stepped up on the porch and moved her backwards until her back was flush with the wall and her front was pressed tightly against my own. I wanted her so badly it hurts, but a howl in the distance brought me back to reality. The other alphas were here and I needed to leave as well. I reluctantly pulled away from her. Her lips were redden even more from my kiss and her skin was flushed.

"I'll be back soon." I brushed my palm against her cheek and left her behind before her bewitchment encompassed me and call me back to her.