Chapter 1

a/n

This: Is for important people

'This is thinking'

And this is action or to describe something

'This is Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery.' We go past some statues only to dive through a crashing wave and jump to a closer shot of the island. As we pan in a circular motion, we see several structures, houses, and a sheep farm.

'My village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but, every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests. (A dragon carries one sheep away. The other resumes grazing.) You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have...'

A dragon fires at the screen as a door slams shut, a boy cowering behind it

'Dragons...

Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings. We have, stubbornness issues.' The boy runs outdoors, where all the houses are on fire and Vikings are tussling with dragons all around. 'My name's Hiccup. Great name, I know. But, it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that.'

Hiccup is seen dodging several Vikings. A nearby explosion from the blast of a teal Gronckle causes him to trip and a male Viking roars in his face.

"ARGGGHHHHH! Mornin'!"

"What are you doing here?!"

"Get inside!"

"What are you doin' out?"

"Get back inside!"

Hiccup is then grabbed by the collar of his shirt

???: Hiccup?! What is he doing out aga--?! What are you doing out?! Get inside!

'That's Stoick the Vast. Chief of the tribe. They say that when he was a baby, he popped a dragon's head clean off of its shoulders. Do I believe it?(Stoick throws a wooden cart at a dragon, knocking it out mid-air) Yes, I do.'

Stoick: What have we got?

"Gronckles, Nadders, Zipplebacks. Oh, and Hoark saw a Monstrous Nightmare."

Stoick: Any Night Furies?

"None, so far."

Burning embers land on Stoick's shoulder. He casually brushes it off.

Stoick: Good...

Two enormous torches are raised and lit. The dragons swarm around them. Hiccup runs into a blacksmith shop and puts on an apron.

Gobber: Ah! Nice of you to join the party! I thought you'd been carried off!

Hiccup: What, who me? Nah, come on! I'm waaaay too muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with all... this.

Gobber: Well, they do need toothpick don't they.

'The meat-head with attitude and interchangeable hands is Gobber. I've been his apprentice ever since I was little. Well... littler.'

???: Leave the poor boy alone Gobber. (a young woman with long, braided, dirt blonde hair, and big brown eyes showed up carrying a bucket of water)

 (a young woman with long, braided, dirt blonde hair, and big brown eyes showed up carrying a bucket of water)