5; Weird Moments

The next day during soccer practice we finished doing drills when our coach called us over, he looked like he wanted to tell us something important so no one objected, we all huddled around in a circle when our coach began to speak.

"As you girls know we've been practicing pretty hard lately and the reason that is we're playing a game next Saturday against the Knights" He said rather enthusiastically, the rest of my team groaned and the coaches smile dropped. "Now girls don't be like that".

"Their the best team in our division how are we supposed to beat them?" Wendy our defence said, the rest of my team agreed with her and began complaining. I looked at the coach and he gave me a pleading look, I sighed and stood next to him while clapping my hands trying to get their attention. When that didn't work I grabbed the whistle from coaches neck and blew into it as hard as I could. My team mates jumped before looking at me confused.

"Maybe Wendy has a point about the Knights being a great team-" I started to say until Wendy interrupted me.

"Thank you" She said with a triumphant smile on her face while she crossed her arms over her chest. I gave her a look before looking back at the rest of my team.

"But that doesn't mean we don't have a good shot at winning, we've been working really hard and our team has won every game since the start of the year. And since I am your captain what I say goes and I say it's time to kick some Knights ass, who's with me?" I yelled the last part while putting my hand into the circle, I looked at everyone of the girls and a smile started to appear on their faces.

"I am" They all yelled in unison before slapping their hands onto mine, once everyone was in we all moved them up and down before yelling "Cougars". I looked back at the coach and he smiled at me before mouthing the words 'Thank you'. I nodded at him in response basically to say I understood and that it was fine.

When practice was over I made my way to the locker rooms to get changed, once I was done I headed to the school car park to meet Ross. He always offered to pick me up if practice was running late since I hated walking home when it started getting dark, I looked around the car park until I saw the old blue beat up truck. Even though Ross was on a Disney show and in a band he still preferred to drive around in that truck, it was his dad's truck and Ross helped him fix it up so he could have it. He did a pretty good job it works which is the main thing.

Something caught my eye as I was looking around, I turned and saw Ross leaning against his truck on his phone. He looked up from it and smiled when he saw me, I jogged up to him and dived into his arms. He caught me and hugged me tighter. "Hey princess, you ready to go?" He said into my hair as we pulled away from each other.

"Yeah let's go" I said and he leaned off of my door and walked around to his side while I slide into the passenger seat. I buckled my seat my belt just as he started the engine up, it roared before we pulled out of the parking space.

After a few moments of silence I decided to break it by telling Ross about my soccer game next Saturday, he told me numerous of times that he loved watching me play. I was R5's number 1 fan while he was mine.

"Hey Ross are you free next Saturday?" I asked as I looked at him to see him concentrating on the road, he took his eyes off for a second to look at me before replying.

"Yeah so far, why?" I bit my lip so I didn't start squealing right there and then. I took a deep breath before I replied.

"Well I have a game" I smiled as I said it, I saw Ross take a glance at me from the corner of my eye before he looked back at the road. A huge smile plastered on to his face.

"That's great princess." I looked at him not needing to ask the question because he knew exactly what that look meant. "Yes I'll be there". I sighed happily and looked out of the window at the passing scenery.

When we finally pulled up to my house, me and Ross hopped out. He followed me on to my porch while I rummaged around my backpack to find my keys, once I found them I opened the door and walked in with Ross behind me. Once I closed the door, I noticed that the hallway light was on which meant that my parents were still at work.

"You want something to eat or drink?" I asked Ross as we made our way to the kitchen, I turned to look at him as I opened the fridge.

"What you got?" He asked as he leaned against the island, I looked in the fridge and saw Ross' favourite, Peanut butter and Jelly. I smiled as I grabbed the jar and closed the fridge, I looked at Ross and held the jar up. As soon as his saw it his eyes lit up like a child's on Christmas morning, I chuckled at him and grabbed a few slices of bread out of the bread box before putting all the ingredients in front of Ross on the island before grabbing a knife and spreading the peanut butter.

I felt Ross watching my every move, this guy got way to excited about a bit of peanut butter and jelly. After I finished making his sandwich I placed it in front of him and he licked his lips before rubbing his hands together and grabbing the sandwich. As quick as a flash half of the sandwich was already on its way to his stomach, I shook my head at him as I took a bite out of mine. I moaned and closed my eyes as the peanut butter danced around my taste buds, it actually felt like heaven in my mouth.

I opened my eyes after I swallowed it and looked at Ross, he looked amused at something. I scrunched my eyebrows together as I saw him curl his lips slightly. "What?"

"You have a little something" He said while pointing to my face, my eyes widened as I began feeling around my face to try and find what was on my face. He began laughing at my pathetic attempt to wipe it off, I pouted and gave him a look.

"It's not funny, get it off" I whined and he chuckled slightly before leaning across the island and wiping some peanut butter off of the corner of my mouth with his thumb. I watched as his eyes concentrated on the stain by my lip.

"There all gone" He said as he dropped his hand from my mouth, I looked at him and his eyes met mine. They sparkled slightly in the light making the gold really stand out, his eyes always reminded me of a werewolf's. It was after I watched twilight that I thought about it. We stayed there for a few seconds just looking into each others eyes, I swear I saw him lean closer to me but I would never know because we were interrupted by a door closing.

"Stevie sweetie? We're home" My mom's voice called out as I heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen, I quickly moved away from Ross and started putting the food away. Trying to occupy myself so I wouldn't have to look at Ross.

"In here mom." I called back just as she walked into the room, she looked at me and came over to give me a peck on the cheek, she then walked over to Ross and did the same as she placed her handbag on to the island.

"Hi Ross, are you staying for dinner?" My mom asked, for once I hoped that he would say no. I didn't want anything to be awkward over dinner.

"Uh-No sorry my mom was talking about having a family thing" He said politely, I looked over at my mom and saw her smile, she nodded her head in understanding. I took a quick glance at Ross and he scratched the back of his neck.

"It's fine honey, can you ask your mom if she wanted to go out for dinner sometime? With everyone?" My mom asked and I saw Ross nod his head as he stood up.

"Well it's getting late I should probably go" He said as he shoved his hands into his pockets. I looked at him and for the first time since my mom walked in he looked back at me, meeting my eyes.

"I'll walk you out" I said quietly as I gave him a small smile, we walked to the front door and said our goodbyes. We gave each other a hug and pulled back slightly, I looked at him for a moment and smiled softly.

"Goodnight." I said as a slight whisper, barely audible.

He smiled back in the same manner before responding "Goodnight". He opened the door and walked out, I shut the door after I watched him walk to his truck. I sighed softly as I leaned up against it. 'What the hell just happened?' I thought to myself, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

<3 Author's note;

You have no idea how much I enjoyed writing this chapter, I think it's just so sweet! Comment/Vote/Fan/Like for more:D