Chapter 2: H8te

8 years Later

8 years Later...
-
-
I walk out of the airport where I see my mom and Megumi standing in the pick up line looking around for me, I  take a deep breath and walk over  to them with my suitcase rolling behind me as I can already tell how dramatic my mother is going to behave.

"Y/N my baby!!" My mom yells in excitement, and jogging slightly towards me. She pulls me in and wraps me into a tight bear hug.

"Hi, mom" I reply to her hugging her back.

"Oh sweetie, I've missed you" she sighs not letting go, not that I want her to. I haven't seen my mother in about 8 years and as much as I've missed her and my brother, I just couldn't stand being in this city any longer, especially after what happened.

"Okay mom, she can't breathe" Megumi pulls our mother away gently, giving her a smile.

"Hey little sister" my now tall brother with a more stoic and mature face gives me a hug.

"Hey, Megumi" I greet him in a muffled voice from burying my face in his chest.

The last time I saw Megumi, we had gotten into a heated argument, an argument that I have come to regret especially after realizing I had said some extremely hurtful things to him, things that he didn't deserve.

But all of that was left in the past when Megumi called me to tell me that him and Olivia  who's one of my best-friends would be getting married, of course  I was excited, excited enough to say congrats.

Though I was happy for him, I had refused to go to his wedding which to some of my family members had seemed selfish and I couldn't disagree more. It took him  and Olivia's months of begging before I finally gave in and agreed to come.

Nobody really understands the reason why I refused to go to my own brother and best friends wedding, but it wasn't for anyone to understand. Truth be told I didn't want to go to avoid ruining their special day all over the presence of a certain motherfucker that I wish death to for what he did to me.

Eventually I decided that it would be best to put my personal feelings of hatred, aside for my big brothers special day, and he was Of course happy when I told him I'd be coming, he also promised to talk to his so called best friend to warn him too.

"You look different" he smiles.

"Different good or different bad?" I ask him with a smirk.

"I guess the black hair and multiple piercings in your ears suits you?" He says.

"Don't forget the tattoo" I tell him watching his eyes widen in shock.

"Relax, I'm just joking" I lie to him.

"I see you've become less serious than you used to be" he laughs.

"Yeah that tends to happen when your future gets ruined" I say noticing that my joke immediately caused a sense of tension.