More Than a Friend

Sarah mulled in the back of her mind how to patch things between Satan and Lucifer. They didn't always see eye to eye; she understood that, but this time it was because of her that they were arguing. There had to be something she could do.

She had been pacing her room for several minutes after cleaning up the kitchen from breakfast. There had to be something she could do to help. Her thoughts were soon interrupted by the vibration in her back pocket of her D.D.D. going off. Taking it out, she had a message from Lucifer. Sarah was almost too terrified to answer him, but knew that he would be even more pissed if she didn't answer him.

Clicking on the message, she read what it said.

[Lucifer:] Sarah, are you free at the moment?

[Lucifer:] If you are, I want you to meet me in my study.

[Lucifer:] We need to talk.

Her hands were shaking a bit as she read his messages. A faint feeling of dread washed over her. She wanted to imitate a turtle and just hide. But she knew she had no choice but to go. Swallowing a dry breath, she slowly replied back to him.

[Sarah:] I'm free. I'll be there in a moment.

[Lucifer:] Good. I will be waiting for you.

She tucked her D.D.D. back into her pocket as she walked out of her room. Anxiety bubbled up in her chest as she made her way to Lucifer's study. Upon nearing the door, she raised her hand to the door and knocked twice.

"Enter."

She could hear Lucifer's voice from the other side of the door. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and went inside, closing the door behind her before approaching Lucifer. He was seated in his usual chair, eyes focused on the fireplace. When he heard her footsteps near, he turned his attention to her and made a hand gesture towards the other chair in the room.

Once she was seated, he crossed his fingers over one another while looking her over.

"I apologize for the scene that was caused at the table this morning and if it made you uncomfortable. I was merely concerned for your safety. Lord Diavolo has much riding on your experience here in Devildom. So, as you can imagine, your well-being inadvertently becomes my main concern. Now, I didn't ask you here to give you a lecture. I merely want to ask you a few questions and I want you to answer as honestly as possible."

"I can try. What did you want to ask me?"

"Satan made the mention that you have been having problems here. This is the first I've heard of it. Care to elaborate?"

She shifted uncomfortably, Thinking back to her classes.

~~ After Classes, Two Weeks Previous ~~

It had been a week after Lord Diavolo's birthday party and she was breezing through her classes. Every so often, she was accompanied by the angels while they spoke about their experiences. Though there were also days when she would be left to her own devices after school hours.
As a bell rang through the room at the end of the school day, Sarah waited until everyone else left the room as she gathered her things. Sarah knew that she wasn't going to be escorted back home due to a council meeting that was happening after classes. With that in mind, Sarah was aware that none of the brothers would be waiting for her outside.

Being that she had been there for a few months, it should be safe for her to walk home alone..right? Perhaps she could find either Simeon or Luke to speak with to at least accompany her until they had to part ways.

She utters a friendly word of thanks to her demonic teacher before making her way out into the hall. As she starts walking, she notices a pair of girls talking, giggling as they look towards her.

"Oi..! Sarah, you got a minute?" One of the girls called, making her freeze in place.

She was trying desperately to hide her panic, but she slowly turned to face the girl that called for her. If she recalled correctly, those girls were witches -- both from magically rich families.

Slowly, she approached the pair, clinging her books to her chest. "Yes..?"