1- The Afterparty

Disclaimer
{Takes place in the point of view of Issac, Cortez's cousin}

I walked up to the old oak door and stood there for a second. "2235." I checked my messages again. It was the correct address but the house looked dead.

I let out a breath and rang the doorbell. An unfamiliar face opened up the door. "Hi-" She was cut off by the one and only Cortez. "Issac, my man! Don't just stand there, now that you're here, lets get this party started!"

I stepped foot into the house and my nose was instantly filled with strong alcohol, weed, and body sprays.

We walked to the kitchen. "So who's house is this exactly?" I take a shot. He started laughing. "This is the house my dad used to cheat on my mom with. Remember? When him and that one teacher-" I cut him off. "Woah woah woah, I do NOT need the details." I took 5 more shots.

30 minuets, 14 shots, and I wanted to go home. The party was slow and sluggish. Then she caught my eye.

The girl who opened the door. I step towards her. She was mesmerizing. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and light pink lips. When I spoke, they curled into a smile.

"Hey, you're the girl who let me in right?" I shuffled my feet. "Yeah, I'm Sierra." She stuck her hand out. Before I even thought about what I was doing, I grabbed a hold of her hand and kissed the top of it. "Issac, it's a pleasure to meet you Sierra." She turned pink and giggled a bit.

We talked for a good 2 hours before the party had died down to a gathering of friends. Cortez. Adeline, Sierra, Jay, Michael, Eve, and I. We played the typical party games you seen in movies, but when it came down to truth or dare, Cortez always gave me the worst of it.

"Truth or dare Issac?" Cortez grinned at me. I was never the type to play a game of truths but the way Cortez looked at me made me consider it.

I sigh. "Dare." His grin got bigger, and he chuckled. "I dare you to make-out with Sierra." I now had all eyes on me. "I don't even know if shes okay with it." I try to brush it away. "I don't mind it." She spoke with a calm tone.

Fuck. What if this gets me in the same trouble as my last school? What if shes drunk?

I get move closer to her, rest my hand on her jaw, and pull her in. "Awww. You guys are cute!" Eve and Adeline laughed. After, she looked at me differently than she did before.

Did I mess it up? Is this going to ruin me again?

"What's wrong Issac? Can't keep yourself contained?" Eve Jeered. I shake it off "I don't know Eve, shouldn't you ask yourself that after the last party? From what I heard your legs were opened more than the door that night." Cortez laughed while Eve stormed away.

Adeline smacked his arm. "Apologize right now, that was blatantly rude." "Babe, c'mon, I'm backing up my cuz." "Whatever-..." They kept bickering back and fourth. I looked at the time. 11:46. "Ay Cortez, I'm gonna head home." I went to walk out the door. "Actually I was going to ask you, tomorrow, Me, Addie, Sierra, and Eve were planning a camping trip tomorrow. If you're down to come, be here tomorrow morning around 10." Cortez walked around the corner to me. "Yeah for sure. I'll text you. It was good seeing you" We dap then I head home.

*bzzz bzzz* *bzzz bzzz*

I stir awake.

*bzzz bzzz* *bzzz bzzz*

I read the red numbers on my besides table. 3:37 Who the hell is calling me at this time.

Unknown Caller

I answer.

"Hello?"

No response.

"Hellooooo?"

"Hey, sorry for calling so late, I was wondering if you could pick me up from the party?"

It was Sierra.

"Yeah sure, just give me a minuet to wake up and I'll be there."

I finally reach the long, rocky driveway. She walks up to my car. "Thank you so much for this. Addie and Cortez are still arguing and I couldn't sleep. "As per usual, by tomorrow morning they'll be as fresh as a flower I laugh

The drive home was hell. I was hung over, tired, and it was dark. Sierra remained calm the entire time. She just kept talking about herself. I didn't mind it, she was quite the interesting person.

"I was in dance when I was 6 and this one girl-". she kept going on. I enjoyed hearing how happy her interests make her.

By the time we reached my house, she had passed out in the car.

I carried her into my bedroom and laid her down. She needs the bed more than me. I eventually manage to fall back asleep.