𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3

Today, exactly 4 weeks ago it had been Amara's day of graduation. She is starting college in 2 days. Tomorrow she is going to the bar down the road with her childhood best friend, Scarlett Monet.

Scarlett and Amara have been best friends ever since the first day of elementary school, they clicked that day and have become closer and closer, a duo that is clearly unstoppable.

They were quite different, but like they say, opposites attract. Scarlett was affluent and her favorite hobbies or rather, what she considered a hobbie was shopping, getting drunk and partying 25/8.

Scarlett often dyes her hair everyday and changes her style about every week. From what Amara has seen, she thinks her best friend is in an identity crisis and can't figure out who she is.

She indeed doesn't know who she is. Scarlett won't admit it because if she does, she will think she is a bad friend, but she envies Amara, she envies the fact she knows who she is and knows what she wants. She is also jeoulous how Amara has both parents in her life.

Amara indeed has both parents in her life, but both of them are so close yet emotionally distant.

Scarlett is also confused about her sexuality. She has been questioning it since middle school and Amara knew it when Scarlett couldn't stop blabbering about how the girl in their history class was so pretty.

Tw: abandonment & manipulation:
Scarlett's mom left her when she was only 9, her dad has raised her ever since. She knew it was a difficult task for her dad since he was the only parent and she was quite a handful.

Her dad was a hard working man but in her eyes he would work too much, which was true since she was always home alone, craving her dad's affection and attention.

Her dad would always promise her that they'd watch a movie together or go out somewhere but it always got canceled for a "business trip" or last minute plans which frustrated Scarlett since he said stuff yet he didn't intend to do any of it.

His way of apologizing was buying her things, when the only thing Scarlett needed was her dad to be with her again and notice her, notice the fact she misses him. She had to admit the Louis Vuitton bags were nice but would be a lot nice was having her dad back, it hurt when he would cancel on her since he was the only person in her life, besides Amara of course.

But since Amara had a job and her life was all "put together" like Scarlett describes it, she was basically alone.

Envy was a common thing in this friendship. Like I said Scarlett envied Amara how she had both parents aswell as knowing who she is, and Amara was jeoulos how everything in life that she had worked very hard for, was just handed to Scarlett since she was very rich.

Scarlett would always make these dogmatic claims that she wish she was Amara yet she doesn't know the things she has been through.

Amara and Scarlett both had issues, this is why they were so close but they were still quite far away. They both knew their frienship was toxic but the only thing that kept them together was the close proximity between this friendship

Scarlett would have party's at her mansion like everyday to escape reality, Amara was different, she would read and watch the soothing moonlight as her escape mechanism.

But the pressure and frustration has gotten so high, Amara had agreed to go out with Scarlett to the bar down the road. She was quite excited to have fun with her best friend again.

______________________________

~Authors note~
Hey guys, thank you for your support and I hope you are enjoying the story so far ♡