Episode 2| Whole World of Trouble

Jessica Strombringero

There is so much my magic can do. I'm a Witch who uses Gray Magic and a Hunter with Blue Son. I kill Monsters. I save people. I joined Blue Son when I was 23 after passing the Nine Hunters Labors. I joined because I wanted to do more. More than what I had been doing. Yes, I traveled the world with my Coven the Sisters of Celestia in New Albany. My mother was a member of the branch in New California.

To be a Witch one must know herself. She must expand her aura to the point it will bend reality to her will. Gray Magic uses both dark and light forces. I stay on the lighter side of the scale. What's in the dark only consumes. Light Magic creates and uses the natural elements under the Blue Son. There are too many elements to name. So, I'm not going to name them for you. I know a few. So, I know a few spells and tricks. A few is all you need to know to be a Witch.

Most of my race travel in covens because they is safety in numbers. But you're magic is divided among each member. And it's not evenly divided all the time. The bigger the Coven the less magic you have for yourself. There is always a Supreme Witch whose duty is to protect the Coven. Once you leave the Coven your magic is given back to you. That's what happened to me when I left to be a Hunter.

The Universe gave me my rightful share. It came in waves. The first wave was painful. My head ached and I was hearing voices. They were evil spirits who wanted my gifts. I started to see the veil of different realities and possible futures. I gained enhanced smell and could smell energies and predict others emotions based on how their aura smell. I gained the Witches Eye. That's an ability that rouge Witches gain to see trickery at play. After the change was over my opal aura became vibrant. It expanded like a wildfire. I gained the power to force things to move and transform things to whatever I want them to be.

Liam and Galayo helped me train for the NHL. I had an advantage with my magic. So, the Labors went by like a breeze. My first hunt was a pack of Werewolves in New Mexico City. I had to arrest the pack leader and take him back to Yorkstan City Prison. His Wolves were loyal with a capital L. I stopped them with a simple sleep spell. I came and went. I took him to the Officers of city prison and was paid 245 dollars from the HA and they sent me on another hunt with another member of Blue Son. Him and I didn't get along at first but Ion Tigery was a good Hunter. Ion was a class S. That basically means he's the shit. He used enchanted trick arrows. He knew his way around a gun. He wore a blessed blackened 24K gold ring with a blue opal that protects him from Black Magic. He called it the St. Eldon. He told me that he got it from a half Witch he befriended as a young Hunter. He named it after him to remember him.

Ion Tigery taught me how to shoot arrows on our hunt. We had to kill a Vampire in East Manhattan. Her name was Saray Long aka Little Hoary. She was a Drugs and Weapons Smuggler who stole a shipment of pharmaceuticals from RiteAid and weapons from the City's Police Department. She was crazy. She held up a residential building in the projects and we had to dust her and urn her. They wanted her alive so we got half of the payment. We were pissed and took it up with HA. They gave us the runaround till it became pointless to fight the issue.

My third hunt was with Liam and Galayo. We had to hunt for the Princess of the UK. She was kidnapped by an Evil Witch Coven. We took them out and detained them with the help of the London City Police Department. We saved the Princess and the Queen paid us with a 24K gold egg. The boys gave me the egg for safekeeping because it had a strong magical warmth coming from it. I keep it in an incubator in my bedroom's closet. I wonder if it will hatch. Maybe into a dragon, or some sort of ancient animal.

But I don't know why I'm telling you all this? Maybe it's because I feel like I'm about to fucking die. I couldn't keep the spell up any longer and it cracked like glass. Mortas and Krista saw us and I saw the realities flashing before my eyes. I saw 3 thousands ways I will die. The worst was yet to come. I tried to think of a spell quickly.