Chapter Two: Actually Roommates

As the sun slowly falls behind the hill and mountains I decide it's probably time to head home. I pick up my bag and begin to walk off as the sun becomes fully velend behind the range. It's probably not a good idea to be walking around this late.

I remember my abba always told me not to take walks at night because that was dumb and unsafe; then he'd take double the normal amount of his medication because it "feels good". Honestly, I think that statement alone shows his level of intelligence. Yet when you try and justify his hatred with stupidity it isn't quite enough to soothe you. Sure his misunderstanding of his own child was partly due to his utter ignorance; he was really nothing more than an intolerable idiot refusing to understand anything newer than his Motorola pebble.

I remember the first time Maddie came over for dinner, momma made some amazing grilled chicken with roasted veggies. The table was set with many candles and vases from around the house. It was a perfectly picture-perfect evening in every way, we all dressed up and Maddie brought her aunties famous cherry pie. I think if you saw that night through the window you could imagine it as a perfect evening, and it was until abba got off work. He walked in the door, jacket slumped over his shoulder. As soon as he sat down the mood changed, he grabbed a beer from the fridge and slumped heavily onto his chair at the dinner table. Honestly, I don't remember what he said but I can recall him saying a lot of slurs I wish not to repeat. I think that night ended up being one of the reasons Maddison left, she couldn't handle the fact neither of our family would respect us for who we were. She didn't wanna face the fact that we would always be bound by the pressure of the traditions in a small town.

"Adam, will you open the door please?"
I asked knocking on the door of my apartment, losing track of my thoughts from moments ago. "...yes" he replies quickly before making a large amount of racket, soft whispers, and giggles before suddenly a man opens the door. "Um...have a nice night," he says sliding past me, holding a large hoodie in his left hand and shoes in his right. "You too," I say, waving him a soft goodbye before walking inside. Setting my bag onto the soft carpet I let out a long sigh, finally feeling relief to be home. "What's his name?" I ask Adam, looking at him over my shoulder while removing my coat. He chuckles sliding on his trousers before walking into the kitchen. "Matt, I think," he laughs before grabbing a plastic container from our fridge. He tears open the lid and places the counter in the microwave and hits the start button a few times. As it whorls the house slowly fills with the scent of chicken alfredo. "I picked it up at the deli well I was at the store," he says as the timer begins to beep. He reaches into the microwave and grabs the food with a hot pad, stirring it with a spoon. "You're hungry right?" he asks, grabbing a bowl from the cupboard and filling it with pasta. I nod my head, taking the bowl from him and grabbing a fork from the drawer.
"Remind me I need to wake up early. I have a morning painting class '' I tell him, stinking my fork into the bowl. He nods and we sit in talk for a few minutes before I decide to head off to bed. "Me having guys over doesn't bother you right?" Adam asks, standing in my doorway. "No...it's not like I have to do those things with them" I joke, turning off the light. He smiles and shuts my door, chuckling softly to himself.
🌼🌼🌼

I wake up to the sound of my alarm, the blaring sound piercing my eardrums. "Turn that off please!" Adam yells from his room as I slap my hand on the snooze button. I let out a long deep groan from my raspy throat, reaching for glasses off my nightstand. I put on my glasses and stand up sliding on my soft bunny slippers. Rubbing my eyes I scurry out of my room and into the kitchen to turn on the coffee pot. I hit the button and it begins to whoral and gurgle. Suddenly a soft vibration sounds start to come from my bed. I drag my feet back to the room, still extremely groggy from my rude awakening.

"Hello?" I say answering the phone and putting it on speaker. "Penny, I'm so glad you answered" a deep male voice erupted, the same voice I heard every morning tell me to make him drink for his hangover. "Abba," I replied, grabbing my brown trousers and sliding them over my legs. "Have you talked to your mother? She won't answer my calls," he asks frantically, a large gulping sound coming from behind the phone. "Gee Daniel, I wonder why" I sigh, fastening my belt and picking a loose sweater from the pile in the corner. "Ohhh typical, just check on her tomorrow, will ya?" he says exhaustedly before hanging up the phone. Typical? Really, he's to one who is being fucking typical. Can't take off his crap by himself so he just makes everyone else do it.
As I tuck in my shirt I decide to just leave before I'm late, I pour my coffee into a paper cup and grab some fruit from the fridge and begin chopping. The sweet smell of pineapple and apple is soft and soothing. Grab a Tupperware and a bowl from the cupboards. Slowly sliding the fruit into the two respicals. "Adam breakfast," I say setting one of the bowls onto the table and slipping out the front door.

I begin to speed walk down the stairs, realizing I'm running behind; Yet somehow I still can't shake Abbas's call from my mind. How am I being typical? I'm just speaking my mind, if anything this is typical it's him calling. My whole life he could never do anything by himself. Nobody was his family or his friends, everyone was just somebody he could get something out of. Cause that's the only way you think you can prove you love him, is to do everything for him. But no he's just a lying, cheating, stealing, jerk. He would never give back no matter what you gave him, and nothing was ever enough.

Suddenly my phone vibrates from within my pocket, I pull it out and read the most recent text.

Malisa:
Where are you? people are already here.

Shit shit. Of course, Abba made me late. I begin running to try and make it, taking long strides. My boots stomp against the city concrete and my breathing burns against my inner lungs. The car drives past and engines are roaring and dogs are barking. I turn down the street and push open the door of the pottery spot. "Sorry I'm late, class!" I yell, out of breath. Everyone stares as I begin to wheeze, placing my hands on my knees. Suddenly someone comes from around me and places their hand on my back. I lower my head, still panting; "you alright?" a melodic voice asks, bending down to look at me.
"Hollow?" I ask shocked.
🌼🌼🌼

Random Q/A:
Sweet or salty? 🌼❤️

Vote if you said "awww"