003. brooke's turning point

season 2; episode 3
brooke's turning point

"FIREBALL HIM!"

Christina looked over at the four boys sat around the wooden table when she heard the commotion. Brandon had made a couple of friends throughout the week, starting with Michael, and formed what they liked to call, a 'party'. Together they all shared a love for a board game called Dungeons & Dragons and Christina could tell that her little brother was excited to be playing with somebody well-skilled, unlike her.

"That's way to risky, you have to cast protection." Alex looked at Brandon. "Cast protection."

"No, don't be a scaredy cat, fireball him. That's the only way to take him out!" Cameron said surely.

"You're running out the time, the Tarrasque is getting tired of your silly bickering, you must decide now!" Michael narrated.

"Fireball!" Brandon threw the dice down in a panic, causing it fly off of the table and bury itself somewhere in the fuzzy white rug.

"Where'd it go?" Cameron got up to start looking for it.

Suddenly the basement door swung open and Jennifer appeared at the stairs. "Come on, boys, it's getting late. You gotta be home for dinner and Brandon, tomorrow is Monday, school night."

"Just one more minute, mom. We're almost done." Brandon pleaded as the people around him shuffled around in an attempt to find the missing dice.

"No, I don't want your friends getting home too late. You can finish tomorrow after school." Jennifer promised him.

"But it'll ruin the flow." Brandon frowned.

Jennifer tilted her head and looked at him, silently telling him to just give in and finish tomorrow.

"Okay..." He sighed.

"I found it!" Alex held up the dice. "Does it count?"

"Was it a seven?" Cameron asked.

Alex glanced down at it. "No."

"Then no it doesn't, and also we have to go so the game was thrown off anyway. It doesn't count." Michael had decided.

Christina huffed out a laugh. What cheaters.

The boys packed up the game and walked up the basement stairs, Christina following behind them.

"Bye, Venus." Alex waved to the little girl sitting at the kitchen island on his way out.

"Bye, Alex." She smiled back.

Alex turned to Christina next. "B-bye, Christina." He stuttered out.

"Bye." She waved.

Alex ducked his head and turned around to put on his jacket.

"You boys ready?" Nathaniel asked, grabbing his keys.

"Yep." They replied.

"Then let's get you home." He ushered them out the door and into his car in the driveway.

When she heard the front door click, Christina looked to her mom. "I think Alex likes me."

"Yeah me too, unless bringing me flowers he picked himself along with five dollars is just a friendly gesture." Jennifer humored.

"Definitely not." Christina looked over her face dropped at her brothers frown. "Are you okay?"

"I tried to save the party and the Tarrasque, it got me." Brandon answered back, as if it made total sense.