Chapter 1

Part of my deukaebingo event!! I already finished one line wooh! But uh I'll write for every prompt :)

This is told from the POV of Handong

Year 2014 - 1st Year of College

I actually find college boring. Yes, I think my course, Fashion and Design, is interesting and I feel like it suits me, but it feels lacking. I moved here 4 months ago in hopes to have something exciting. Maybe it's my fault? I rarely make a move to talk to people and I rarely go out, so maybe that's it. There's a language barrier as well and it's harder for them to communicate with me. Meh, it's okay. It's only the first year so things will become interesting (hopefully).

And the first step to that is enrolling in a new subject. I took a Korean Culture and History class to learn more about the country I'm living in. The place isn't so bad, the food is good, and there are a lot of things to see. Sometimes, I go to tourist destinations by myself to see what South Korea could offer. And it is honestly so beautiful.

After class ended, I headed to the cafeteria to get something to eat. I have an hour more till my next subject so I didn't hurry in eating. That's when suddenly, somebody sat in front of me.

"May I sit here?" She asked. Well, I couldn't answer because she was already sitting there. I do want my space alone but what do I say? Make her leave or something? So I just nodded and resumed eating my food.

Her stare was bothering me though. So I looked at her and asked,

"Is there a problem?" The woman in front of me smiled, (well, she has pretty lips and a pretty smile, and she looks prettier when she's smiling), and shook her head.

"No. You were in the history and culture class, right?" Oh. How did she know?

"Yeah. I was." The woman smiled more brightly, and wow, she is more beautiful this way.

"I'm in the same class too! Nice to meet you, I'm Gahyeon. Lee Gahyeon." The woman, Gahyeon, placed her hand in front of me to urge me in a handshake. Well, maybe I can befriend this Gahyeon girl so I can at least have a friend before I graduate college. So I took her hand in mine, they were smaller than I expected, and I shook our hands together.

"I'm Handong. And as in, Han and Dong. I'm Chinese." Gahyeon was surprised at my name and she gave me another smile.

"Cool!" So we resumed our meals together. Gahyeon was really good at letting the conversation flow by asking questions. I decided that day that I can trust this Gahyeon girl. And she was noticeably smart so it wasn't a surprise when I found out that she's a finance major. It fits her, really. The way she carries herself with pride, knowing that she's one of the smartest students, makes me feel excited? Oh, this is the excitement I was looking for, maybe.