Chapter 2

This is told from the POV of Handong

Flashed on our big TV, a news reporter who probably didn't have any idea about us, said something unbelievable to my ears. This- this is fake right? This is not true, right? Gahyeon would tell me if something like this would happen. I don't know if I feel mad or sad. This is probably some setup of her parents, right?

Hyeonnie: Dongie, baby, I can explain later okay? My phone is blowing up right now and our company building is swarmed with reporters and paparazzi. I'll be home as soon as it clears up. Love you.

Dongie: I don't want an explanation, Hyeonnie. I want an answer, to know if this is true or not. It's not right? This is just something that your parents did, right? Please tell me it's not true, baby.

Hyeonnie: I'm sorry, Dongie.

It just felt so empty. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, I wanted to get angry. But nothing. I was just there, sitting on our couch with my arms hugging my legs. She's sorry? For what? I didn't even need the explanation behind that news. I just needed to know that it's not true, that Gahyeon will not marry whoever that guy is that I never heard of, that Gahyeon chose me over some dude.

And that's the only small thing in my mind. What if she cheated on me? That the news was true? That she was already meeting this guy behind my back? The girls already called me, asking me if I wanted company. But honestly, I wanted to be alone right now. I need Gahyeon, I want to see her.

Right then, our door opened. The air was heavy. Her footsteps were heavy. I could hear her heavily breathing. We both know that something is wrong, and she's the one who has to do the explaining. I've been seeing so many articles and it's ruining me.

"I'm sorry, Dongie." I stood up from the couch abruptly, walking angrily towards her.

"I don't want apologies. I want answers, Gahyeon. Is it true? Are you really gonna marry that guy?" She bit her lip, trying not to let the sobs out of her lips. I could see tears prickle in her eyes, and I really hate to see her like that. If the situation was just light, I would've let it go, I would've hugged her and kissed her, to tell her that it was okay.

But it's not.

The situation we're facing right now involves the future of our relationship, of us.

"You shouldn't be the one crying right now, Gahyeon! That should be me! I've been sitting here for hours, thinking and crying about what's the truth! So please tell me already. Is it true? You'll marry him? Who even is that guy?" In my mind, I was hoping that it wasn't true. In my mind, I was praying that after this, Gahyeon is still mine.

But when she nodded, my heart broke into a million pieces.

"I- I'm really sorry, Dongie. I only found out about it a few days ago. And- and of course I wasn't going to let that happen. So I told them about us, and- and," There we go. Her sobs started to spill from her lips, and God, it's so hard to stay still, to not hold her. "They immediately told me to cut it out, that- that we'll be announcing our marriage today."