Make Time

Remus was having a hard time sleeping next to her. Throughout the whole two weeks he had been at Potter Manor, they had snuck into each other's rooms to find comfort. Her smell was forever lingering on his pillows, in his sheets, and in his nasal cavity. Renee was all he could think about. And that's what was burning in his mind as took himself in his fist, shamefully. Didn't help that he had her body pressed to hers fifteen minutes ago. He knew she was downstairs with her mum cooking breakfast, something so wholesome. But all he could think of was the awkwardly enticing encounter they had shared earlier that morning. He wished nothing more than to still be in that moment.

Remus pulled her to his chest, sensing she was awake. Renny's back was flush against his torso. Her cheeks heated up; she loved the neediness he showed in the morning. Always so fluffy and cute. Grumbling compliments and light touches. His fingers ran teasingly over her bare stomach. Her shirt had risen and they both made no effort to fix it. She inhaled roughly, leaning into his contact. Remus' fingers were calloused and long. The thought of them made her heart quicken. The boy sighed happily burying his face in her shoulder blade. And that's when she felt it. Not only did he nip her skin, but he also subconsciously pushed himself into her behind. Lupin noticed this, horrified, he pulled away from her a little too quickly. Resulting in himself falling off the bed. Renee jumped up onto all fours peering down at him. Her big blue eyes widened. A worried expression on her face.

"Good morning." She shook her head lightly in amusement as he tried to straighten himself out. Now fully awake. "That was a nice way to wake up, Rem." Remus coughed, choking on his tongue. His face turned red. "I'll uh... leave you to it." She stood and helped him up before standing on her tippy toes, whispering, "have fun." Renny kissed his cheek and lingered there for a moment. Letting her breath fan over his face. She turned away from him and retreated out of the door, closing it slowly behind her.

The Gryffindor finished himself off and groaned frustratingly into his pillow. At least she wasn't disgusted. He waved his wand over everything and took a shower.

Mia and Renee set the table, bringing over the food they had prepared. It was the boys' last day here for the summer and Renee wanted to make it special. She thought about how weird it would be without Remus' sarcastic remarks and cuddling. Along with Peter's Divination tutoring. And she was sorrowful. They would be back at Hogwarts before they knew it. Then they'd all go on to find jobs and fight in the appending war. In all honesty the girl didn't know what she wanted to do. She found herself to not be excellent at anything. She got passing grades. Still, she wasn't amazing at Potions like Lily, dueling like Marlene, or Divination like Dorcas or Peter. She was just fine. She enjoyed Ancient Runes after she got over the slump she was in, in fifth year. She had gotten an O in it. Renee's thoughts on her future were cut short when a loud banging was heard at the door.

"You open this door right now!" All five boys thundered down the stairs, Sirius pushing Regulus to stand behind him. Euphemia draped a kitchen towel over her shoulder and grabbed her wand. She pulled the door ajar, revealing an aggressive looking Walburga Black. "You!" Her wand was pointed at the woman, eyes narrowing. "I've let him play house for far too long. Now give me back my son!"

"Well, hello Walburga. Pleasure as always. How are you?" Mia faked a smile, standing directly in front of the frame so that the woman couldn't see inside. The Black pushed her wand closer to Mia, threateningly.

"Give me Regulus, you filthy Blood Traitor." A sneer evident on the witch's face.

"No." The door shut in Walburga's face and Mia turned to the teenagers. "Go upstairs. Now."

"I'll just go with her. I don't want her to keep pestering you." Regulus moved forward and Renee ran to grab his arm.

"That bitch has no hold on who you are, Reg. You're not her puppet. Just let us take care of you." The boy and girl stood inches apart, Renee not losing her protective stance. Remus felt a stir within his stomach. He felt possessive but also proud. Renee cared deeply, much like her brother. And he was happy that she was able to voice her thoughts. Regulus broke their eye contact first, looking to the hand loosely holding his arm. He nodded firmly, trudging up the stairs. A loud crash was heard from the door. Thankfully, Monty had performed certain protective charms on the door.

"The Aurors are outside dealing with her. We'll be putting protective charms on the property after she's gone. Go to Regulus." Monty claimed, walking in from the direction of his study.

Renee found Reg in her bed, curled up. He laid there, silently crying. She sat beside him, rubbing his back. "I know. You don't deserve any of this." Regulus didn't say anything, Ren could feel the gratitude when his hand gripped her free one.

Remus and Peter left shortly after the Walburga incident. Saying quick goodbyes to Reggie and Renny. Remus lingered in the doorway for a good couple of seconds, just watching the girl comfort the boy. Thankfully it wasn't long until they were back at Hogwarts. Their last Express ride to the school. Their last Sorting Ceremony. Their last Welcoming Feast. Remus Lupin was glad he could watch her from where he sat. Felt like they were experiencing it together. Even though they weren't, physically or emotionally together. It was harder to sleep without her next to him. Tossing and turning all night. She felt the same. Almost tempted to transform and fly to Yorkshire. But she didn't, she suffered the rest of the summer getting three hours a night. Now they were in the same building together, they would definitely make time to see each other. Renee had some making up to do.