Battle of New York

Manhattan, New York City

Tony was flying towards Stark Tower in his damaged Mk VI suit. He saw Erik Selvig standing near a machine that had the Tesseract inside.

JARVIS: Sir, I've turned off the arc reactor, but the device is already self-sustaining.

Tony: (to Selvig) Shut it down, Dr. Selvig.

Selvig: (turns to Tony) It's too late! (turns to the machine) She can't stop now. (turns to Tony) She wants to show us something! A new universe.

Tony: Okay.

He fires his repulsors, but an energy field around the machine blocks it and sends a shockwave that sends Tony and Selvig back, with Selvig hitting his head hard.

Tony manages to stabilize himself.

JARVIS: The barrier is pure energy. It's unbreachable.

Tony: Yeah, I got that. (looks down) Plan B.

He descends as he sees Loki looking at him.

JARVIS: Sir, The Mk VII is not ready for deployment.

Tony: Then skip the spinning rims. We're on the clock.

He lands on a platform and walks inside. While he's walking, the platform removes the armor off him as Loki meets him inside.

Loki: Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity.

Tony: Uh, actually, I'm planning to threaten you.

Loki: (chuckles then points to the platform) You should've left your armor on for that.

Tony: Yeah. It's seen a bit of mileage, and you've got the uh, (points to the scepter) glow stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?

Loki: (chuckles) Stalling me won't change anything.

Tony: (turns around) No, no, no. Threatening. No drink? You sure? (grabs a bottle of whiskey) I'm having one.

Loki: (turns around and looks out of the window) The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that. (turns to Tony) What have I to fear?

Tony: (opens the bottle) The Avengers.

Loki looked at Tony confused.

Tony: That's what we call ourselves. We're sort of like a team. (pours some whiskey into a glass) "Earth's Mightiest Heroes"-kind thing.

Loki: (smirks) Yes, I've met them.

Tony: (chuckles) Yeah. It takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count, here. Your brother, the demigod. (puts on some bracelets) A super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger management issues. A teenager who can easily go faster than the speed of sound. A chick who beats people up with sticks. A couple of master assassins. (points to Loki) And you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them.

Loki: That was the plan.

Tony: (with a glass of whiskey in hand) Not a great plan. (walks towards Loki) When they come, and they will, they'll come for you.

Loki: I have an army.

Tony: We have a Hulk and a Flash.

Loki: Oh, I thought the beast had wandered off, and the child will either be by my side or dead.