The First Human Spectre

No POV 

We begin this chapter with Shepard's team, with the new additions of Wrex, Garrus, and Tali as they walked into Ambassador Udina's office where they were met with him, James, Anderson, and Torg. The first one to speak being Udina 

Udina: "You're not making my life easy, Shepard. Firefights in the Wards? An all-out assault on Chora's Den? Do you know how many--" 

Torg: "That's enough, Ambassador. Now, Y/n, Shepard, I assume you two have good reason as to why this has happened?"

Y/n: "Indeed Councilor, we've recently come into possession of some new evidence that proves Saren was behind the attack on Eden Prime and the cause of the firefight was due to hired mercenaries hired by Saren to deal with us" 

Torg: "Is that so? And where is this evidence? And how did you come into possession of it?" 

Y/n then gesture to Tali as she stepped forwards, now standing next to Y/n as he spoke up again 

Y/n: "This is my friend, Tali'Zorah nar Rayya. She's uncovered information that links Saren to the Geth, leading to her being a prime target of his" 

Torg then looked to Tali and stepped closer to the two, easily towering over them with his height and spoke up, his eyes focused on Tali as he addressed her 

Torg: "In that case, I think it's best if you were to explain everything, Miss Tali'Zorah. Why are you no longer on the Flotilla? Are you perhaps on a Pilgrimage?" 

Tali: "Yes, I am" 

Shepard: "I've heard Y/n mention it before, but I don't know what it is, mind explaining?" 

Tali: "It is a tradition among my people. When we reach maturity, we leave the ships of our parents and our people behind. Alone, we search the stars, only returning to the flotilla once we have discovered something of value. In this way, we prove ourselves worthy of adulthood" 

Shepard: "What kinds of things do you look for?" 

Tali: "It could be resources like food or fuel. Or some type of useful technology. Or even knowledge that will make life easier on the flotilla. Through our Pilgrimage, we prove that we will contribute to the community, rather than being a burden on our limited resources" 

Shepard: "Interesting, sorry for going off topic, I let my curiosity get the better of me, can you tell us what you found?"

Tali: "Of course. During my travels, I began hearing reports of Geth. Since they drove my people into exile, the Geth have never ventured beyond the Veil. I was curious. I tracked a patrol of Geth to an uncharted world. I waited for one to become separated from its unit. Then I disabled it and removed its memory core" 

Y/n: "You did all that by yourself? Good job Tali, I knew you were good with machine when I left, but not that good" 

Tali: "Thank you, I've had plenty of time to improve in the last four years" 

Anderson: "I thought the Geth fried their memory cores when they died. Some kind of defense mechanism" 

Shepard: "How did you manage to preserve the memory core?" 

Tali: "My people created the Geth. If you're quick, careful, and lucky, small caches of data can sometimes be saved. Most of the core was wiped clean. But I salvaged something from its audio banks" 

Activating her Omni-Tool, Tali then started to play an Audio recording she had recovered from the Geth as Saren's voice could be heard speaking from it 

Saren: "Eden Prime was a major Victory! The beacon has brought us one step closer to finding the Conduit" 

Anderson: "That's Saren's voice! This proves he was involved in the attack!"