chapter -2 ( king and heros )

"I welcome you brave heros. I am the king of melromarc; king Aultcray melromarc the thirty second. I welcome you to our land ". Said the elderly man on the throne. Vandalieu found himself in a room surrounded by Knights and nobles. He instinctively hatched several plans to escape should things turn ugly. "I ask for your names ".

"I'm Ren amaki. 16 years old high schooler. Said sword boy, Ren. "Motoyasu kitamura and I am a 21 year old college student. Said the blonde. "I'm itsuki kawasumi. I'm 17 year old and a high school student. "Introduced itsuki.

Vandalieu : I guess it's my turn. My name is vandalieu ark hillwillow solder zakkart. 40 years old working adult and I'm a boy.

Everyone : WHAT ?!?!

Motoyasu : you're a boy and your 40 years old? That can't be true. Your hire is so long and you have such a nice face.

Ren: I can believe that you are a boy. But I can't believe you're 40 years old. You're not lying about your age are you?

Itsuki : you look like you're only 17 or 18! I can't believe you are oldest one here. You also look like a foreigner.

Shield guy : "the classic trap". huh

Vandalieu glared at the shield guy. But do to his expressionless face it was difficult for people to understand.

"I see." The king nodded. "Ren, motoyasu, itsuki and vandalieu, then?"

He's intentionally skipped over the shield hero's introduction. Vandalieu exhaled and kept his eyes on the monarch. Who avoided meeting the shield hero's eyes? He clearly has no intention of addressing him to correct his 'error ' either.

Shield guy : "yo, King. You forgot about me?

King: forgive me. I didn't see you there.

Itsuki : your being disrespectful.

Ren: agreed.

Shield guy : should I call him his majesty then?

Vandalieu : you should stop wasting time and tell us your name.

Shield guy : oh, sorry. I am iwatami Naofumi. I'm a 20 year old university student.

TIME SKIP:

"Alright everyone " vandalieu said "what can you tell us about this
place? "

"This is like emerald online " said motoyasu.

"No. This is exactly like brave star online " said ren.

" this is similar to dimension wave " said itsuki.

"Wait..."Naofumi said " on the count of three whose face is on the 1000 yen bill ?".

(All different answers )

"What? !" All 5 shouted.

" so we know this is an alternative universe." Vandalieu said " OK that means in eatch of ours has different things.  Let's compare notes".

They all looked at Naofumi and vandalieu. "What"?

"Shields are super weak dude ". Motoyasu said "that's why no one playes them".

Naofumi : "noooo" tell me that's a lie.

Itsuki : "yes" he is saying the truth.

Ren: l agreed .

Naofumi : "noooo" hey itsuki can we change classes! .

" so the shield class is ultra- difficult? But in lambda...I mean in the game i played Shields were supper useful " vandalieu said.

Naofumi : really. Do you know something?

Vandalieu : Naofumi, why are you so loud. It's a legendary weapon not a normal shield. If choose you there must be a reason. You just need to unlock some powerful skills and try to come up with a good fighting style.

Naofumi : But every one said shielder's is the worst class.

Vandalieu : Don't listen to them. Shielder's job is to shield,  it's one of the most important classes in a party.

"Huh, but at high level, it's almost useless ". Said motoyasu.

Vandalieu : who told you that?

Motoyasu : I have experience from game.

Vandalieu : oh, so tell me the one who created the game love swords, spears, bow and Shields.

Motoyasu : huh,  what do you mean?

Vandalieu :" I want to say,  I don't know about the games you played but every game created by someone,  the creator have their way of thinking, they want attention they want popularity. If shield class becomes so strong that no one can hurt it that means most start choosing it, no one can damage no one, so the game loose it's popularity because they think it's unfair and it's end fast ".

Itsuki: what do you want to say ?.

Ren: yes. I want to know.

Vandalieu : this is not a game. It's reality, shield class is weak because it's choose by game creators to become weak, it's just a shame.

Motoyasu : what, so you saying, I am telling lie.

Vandalieu : no, listen all your conversation, we are from different realities following different rules, in your world shield hero is weak but maybe in this world it is strong. You are different and he is different.

Motoyasu : so you saying even if we all are heroes. My rules doesn't apply to him and he can become stronger than I think.

Vandalieu : yes.

Naofumi : do you really think so?

Vandalieu : there is only one way to check. You have to upgrade your shield and raising your level.

Naofumi : yes. I can become strong, so strong that no one can put a scratch on me.

Vandalieu : it's good that you are confident,  now everyone since we're from different world's and played different games,  we should share all our game knowledge.  So we won't accidentally make any mistakes.

Motoyasu :"it seems like a waste of time " . But OK.

Itsuki : all righty.

Ren: fine.

We spend three hours sharing information. We learned that eatch weapons had different power up methods. This caused a little confusion amoung the heros. Perhaps eatch weapon adapts itself to its users mindset. Then the power up methods for the sword, spear, and bow showed up in my field of view. I was so shocked I let out a scream.

Naofumi : why did you scream like that?

Ren: did something happened?

Motoyasu : you, ok man ?

Vandalieu : it looks like the power up methods for the sword, bow, spear can be unlocked if we believe in them.

Ren: what are you saying? That's impossible.

Vandalieu : it's true. I just unlocked it.

Itsuki : may be your weapon is just  special.

Naofumi : he is telling the truth. I also unlocked it.

Motoyasu : are you serious? Why can't we unlock it? .

Vandalieu : perhaps you don't believe it?

I decided to use soul encroachment on them to make them believe in the power up methods. "Why do I feel like an evil villain trying to brainwash heros?" I said in my mind.

Motoyasu : yeah, I also unlocked it.

Ren: wow. It looks like your right.

Itsuki : this is different from dimension wave.

"It looks like everything went well. I hope i don't accidentally guide them. It's a good thing I trained to control my brainwashing skills". Vandalieu said in his mind .I think due to my influence they became less arrogant but they are not completely guided by me. This useful skill can be troublesome some times. I also get the feeling that their weapons are interfering with my guidance skills. I need to do more investigation.