Chapter 1

A groan escaped my lips as I pushed myself up from the musty hotel mattress that I had called a bed for the past few days. My phone buzzed violently, the culprit of pulling me from my sleep all too early. Without looking at the contact, I flipped the phone open and placed it to my ear. I didn't speak, waiting for the person on the other end to fill the silence.

"I wasn't sure you'd actually answer."

I mentally cursed, recognizing the voice and a quick glance at the contact confirmed the identity of the man on the other end. I hadn't spoken to him for nearly six years, why was he reaching out now of all times? I thought we had an understanding after I told him to never contact me again.

Which made his call all that more gut wrenching. He wouldn't call unless it was important, but still I found the temptation of closing my phone and severing the line between us present in my mind. Alongside it was the thought of knowing he was always in constant danger thanks to his job, the same job I found myself running from. Pushing aside the thought of hanging up, knowing that if I did and something happened to him would haunt me for the rest of my days, I swung my feet over the side of the bed as I spoke.

"You have five minutes, this better be important."

A silence followed as I pushed aside a few bottles of beer with my feet before planting them on the floor and moved towards the bathroom. I flicked on the light and grabbed a bottle of painkillers on the sink as he broke the silence.

"I've gotten myself wrapped up in something big." A sigh came from his side, I smirked softly knowing that asking for help wasn't something he was good at, or really willing to do. "I need your help, Dawn," Another pause came for a moment as I popped the lid open to the painkillers and it clattered into the sink. "I know you owe me absolutely nothing, not after everything that's happened." I would've scoffed, that's what I normally would have done, but something in his voice was off. It was almost as if he had been worn down in the past few years. "I wouldn't ask unless I didn't have any other options, but you're the closest person I know. Please, Dawn, just this once. Then I'll never call again, I'll lose your number."

A silence followed as my eyes met the ones in the mirror. Green, not even close to his. The green used to be vibrant but life had dulled them and now they looked hollow. I couldn't forgive him for what he's done nor could I forgive the other involved, but unlike the other, he was there for me through thick and thin. He cared, even as the secrets between us grew bigger and bigger, but he still cared about me. He still does, that's why he listened when I told him to never speak to me again. He understood me and respected that, even if it didn't benefit him. For that I was grateful and that was why this would be the last time I helped him.

"I'll be there in seven hours."

He started to say a thank you but I cut him off as I closed my phone and placed it into the back pocket of my jeans. Why was it that I always found myself in situations like these? Even after I tried to leave my old life behind, it would rear its ugly head eventually. That was the occupational hazard, once you started you could never stop, even if you quit the life would follow you until the day you died.

With one last glance at the girl in the mirror, I tossed back two painkillers and flicked off the light as I left the bathroom. I grabbed a flannel from the second bed that I had used to toss my stuff on. Pulling on the flannel, I glanced over the disheveled room. I wouldn't have time to pick up all the beer bottles and clean up the empty food containers. The drive to South Dakota would be nine hours for anyone else, but with some back roads and ignored speed limits I could make it in seven.

I grabbed my backpack and threw the last of my belongings into it, before throwing it on my back. With one last scan over the room, making sure I hadn't forgotten anything, I grabbed my helmet and keys off the table. I glanced down at the salt line at the base of the door before, breaking it as I left the room. Yet another side effect of the life I wanted out of.

Climbing on my bike I placed my helmet in front of me for a moment as I scrolled through my iPod, that I had managed to win off of an overly cocky guy in a game of pool. Deciding on a Metallica playlist, I put in my earbuds and pulled my helmet on over them. The music blocked out the sound of the bike's engine as I started it and kicked up the kick stand.

This would be a long ride. I had no clue what I could be walking in on. Whatever it was he sounded almost spooked by it, and after everything he's seen, I would've thought that was impossible. Out of paranoia, I still had a few things left from my hunting years. Not nearly as much as I used to, but I had the bare minimum, just in case, and because I always kind of knew I'd be dragged back into this life at some point.

This had always been my life and it would never let me go. There was only one way out of this life, death and that wasn't something I was ready to do just yet, nor was I willing to let him suffer through that, not even now. So my seven hour trip to Sioux Falls started. My trip to reunite with my father.

~~Hi, Fallen_Angel here. I kind of just writing this for fun, so my updating schedule will be fairly chaotic. I have a few plans for the story so far, like their will be destiel and sabriel at some point as well as the main character, Dawn being with one of the characters at some point, no clue who though. Have a good day and be good people.~~