Rumors

Her POV-
I'll be honest, I liked his friend first.
Now that same boy in my 5th is trying to talk to me but I only have eyes for him.

He held open my door with a smile, only this time I didn't smile back. I thanked him and didn't spare him a second glance.

My friends were giggling about something when I walked up to them.
They shipped me with a guy named Brandon.

He's the guy that holds the door open for me every time.
I was polite but immediately shut that idea down. He wasn't my type.

Apparently they didn't drop it. In fact, they told more people about Brandon. Soon our grade new about the potential new 'cute' relationship. I was already over it by the time the 5th person asked if we were really dating.

But then I saw him in the hallway. His jaw was clenched and he quietly closed his locker. He looked up and our eyes met.

His eyes were cold. No emotion. His face was blank, but his hands were clenched into fists. Then I realized he was looking at me.
I turned and saw Brandon walking up behind me with a big smile on his face.

I looked back to him but he was no where to be seen. My heart lurched and I quickly walked away from Brandon.

How could my friends do this to me?

7th period was not fun at all.
His head was down all class, sleeping, with his air pods in. I stared at his tense shoulders but calm breaths. His hood was up and all I wanted was to see his pretty eyes.

The bell rang and he was the first one out the door. His best friend glared at me and I knew I had to explain the situation. I rushed after him.

He was walking way too fast.

I gently stopped him by tapping his shoulder. He looked down at me and I saw something in him break a little.

I told him I wasn't dating Brandon and that my friends made up rumors about him and I because they shipped us together.

He had no idea what being 'shipped' meant.

He slowly smiled at me and his pretty blue eyes twinkled.
I walked away from him leaving him alone in the hallway.

But something felt wrong, something was off.

When I walked outside Brandon was waiting for me with a small bouquet of flowers. He shyly smiled and gave them to me, saying a beautiful girl needed beautiful things.

I blushed. He was so sweet. He had been my crush all throughout elementary.

When I got home I realized I liked Brandon. I always had. And then I started thinking.

Brandon never said anything about my body. He never used words like hot or sexy to describe me. He called me beautiful. He holds the door for me everyday, he waits for me after school, he buys me flowers, he smiles every time he sees me.

While on the other hand, he, got hard when I sat on his lap. He and I got drunk at a party and ended up grinding on each other. He got head from another girl. He is only attracted to my body.

And I don't know what hurts worse.