Chapter 10

"I'm sorry...I'm not who you all think I am. I didn't want to do this, but I had to. They were going to pull the experiment forward if I didn't make it. I would cease to exist as I am. I would just be Violet." I started to cry. He just hugged me harder. "It's not your fault, you weren't asked if you wanted this too." said Bucky gently and kindly. He tried to calm me down. But I pulled myself out of his arms. "But I wanted this. I wanted to prove that I could bring YOU back. I wanted to show them that I was good enough. I just wanted to be me, like when I was little. Even though I can't remember everything, I know I could turn and be me." I stood in front of Bucky and yelled at him. He stood up and was about to walk towards me, but we then heard Steve. "You were going to do what?" He looked angry and Bucky saw that too. Steve walked toward me and Bucky stood in front of me. "No matter what you want to do to her now. You're not going to do that because she didn't become a Hydra soldier by choice. Just like me." Steve and Bucky stared at each other, as if in competition. "All right, but you have to tell us the truth. Then we can help you too." Bucky turned to me and they both looked at me. I just nodded slowly, trying to look like I wasn't crying. "And Buck, she's your responsibility. If she does anything wrong, you have to answer for it." Steve looked at him seriously and then pointed at me. "Thanks." was all he said and went downstairs after Steve. I, however, remained standing where I was. At the door, he turned and looked at me questioningly. "It's okay, Y/N. They won't hurt you." he said softly again. I still just looked at him and wondered if I could really trust them like that. But I guess I thought too long, because he came up to me and took my hand. "Promise, doll." and that was it for me. My heart raced and I sank into his eyes. This pleasant tingling and butterflies. I forgot everything around me.

He smiled at me and I felt comfortable with him. Under my spell, he pulled me along with him. We ran into the living room where everyone was sitting and talking loudly. I lost everything that Bucky made me feel. I was alert and on the run again. "Did you find her?" asked Sam. Steve nodded and pointed at me. I was still standing next to Bucky, but I let go of his hand. I know they'll all hate me when they know the whole truth. Does Mala really think they'll take me in after all this crap? "She's coming with us," said a male voice, but I couldn't quite place it. Bucky looked serious as two men approached me. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me to him. I cried out briefly, because I had not expected it. From him came only a deep "No." and he looked at the men as if he was about to kill them. If they got too close. "Buck, it's best for all of us. Who knows if she's not still working for Hydra or the Red Room!" said Sam. I looked around wondering what the others were thinking. Nat looked at me thoughtfully and smiled. "Maybe it's risky too." "Thanks, Nat." said Sam to Nat. "Let me finish first! But I think Bucky is right. Locking her up, we shouldn't. We can try to get her to work with us to destroy Hydra, as well as the Red Room. For good!" "Nat's right, we should try," Steve said, nodding at her. "You say 'yes' to everything Natasha says, Steve." said Sam, annoyed. "Wanda can look into her head and then we'll see if we can trust her," said Vision. But he got a light punch on the arm from Wanda. "I won't look into her head against her will." said Wanda. Now I said something, although I didn't want to say it out loud. "And what if I let you do it?" I asked. Everyone looked at me. Oh god too much attention. "Then do it now, Wanda." said Steve.

I was sitting in a chair in a large room and Wanda was standing next to me. Bucky, Steve and Nat were also in the room. The others all had to wait outside. "It's going to hurt a little bit in a minute, but you can't fight it, okay?" explained Wanda to me. I nodded and closed my eyes. I didn't feel anything at first and thought it wouldn't hurt. But then. I started screaming. It hurt like hell and then everything went black.
____________

Bucky's Pov

We were standing in the room with her. Why did she want to prove it to everyone? I hope she can do it. I tried to talk her out of it, but she wanted to do it. She also looked at me again before closing her eyes. At first it looked okay. She wasn't in pain and then she started screaming. Wanda had to stop before something worse happened. "You have to stop, Wanda." I said loudly and I was going to walk towards her. But I was stopped by Steve. "No, Buck. Let her do it." he said. "She's in pain, Steve. Don't you see that!" I said to him. "Just give her a few minutes." said Nat. I stopped, but reluctantly. How could I care so much about this girl now. Already after the first meeting. I want to know what the reason is. "I'll be right through, she's built a wall around her mind. It's not easy to break through." said Wanda. But before I could say anything again, she stopped screaming. She fainted. I immediately went up to her and tried to wake her up. "Y/N? Hey, doll?" No response. "I'm through, but I might as well let it go now." said Wanda. "Yeah" said Steve and I at the same time. "Guys, if she's awake Wanda can't get in there. So try your luck." said Nat to Wanda. I reluctantly let her do it, but I stayed by her side.

"I see several documents from the three of you,'' Wanda said, continuing to speak. "They want her to bring back Winter Soldier. They know it will be difficult and told her if she could do it, she would be allowed to stay Y/N. But if not, she will be deleted and they will give Violet complete control. She becomes a wolf and will no longer be human." Wanda and Y/N are breathing very hard and fast. "She then becomes the princess of Hydra and is supposed to be a role model for everyone else. She is very precious to Hydra and the Red Room." said Wanda. She looked startled when she suddenly stopped. "Are you okay?" asked Nat, walking towards her. She nodded slightly, trying to calm herself. "I saw happenings and also her subconscious.'' She took us all to her heart, even if she didn't want to. She will help us and won't hurt us. She changed her mission a long time ago, mostly because of Bucky." said Wanda and then looked at me. "Changed how because of Bucky?" asked Steve. I myself was too confused to ask. "I can't explain it, but Bucky has a good effect on her," she said. I have an effect on her, just as she has on me. "There was, but there was something else. I don't know if it was real." She looked confused. "What did you see?" asked Natasha cautiously. "You, Natasha. You had Y/N, as a baby on your arm" she said, looking at Natasha. What? Nat had Y/N, as a baby in her arms, when was that supposed to have been?