Boys Will Be Bugs :)

The only light source in the room was the remaining light of the sun. Purpled hummed soft lullabies as he cradled his baby in his arms, looking out the window and at the sky.

He heard the door creak slowly and turned his head.

"Mama?" The boy's voice was hushed and soft. "My soup's gone cold."

Purpled smiled softly at that. He walked over and held out his hand.

"Let's go warm it up." He whispered softly.

Shroud sat back down and Purpled placed the bowl into the microwave. He began to pat Clementine's back, as the baby had begun to shift. He put the soup on the table.

"You're gonna wanna finish it quickly love, it's gonna go cold again." He whispered and walked back to close the microwave door.

He came back and sat down across the table from Shroud. The boy just picked at his food, putting small spoons of it in his mouth, drinking it slowly, like he was thinking of something.

Purpled, however, didn't notice. His attention was on the window. The sky. He watched as it got darker out. He bit his lip in slight discomfort. He worried for Tommy. It was getting very dark.

He sighed and looked back down at Clementine before looking back at Shroud.

"Lovebug? Why haven't you been eating?" He asked. "Does it not taste good?" He asked, gently sliding the bowl back to him and giving it a stir.

"There," He whispered, "It must taste better now."

Shroud nodded and put a spoonful into his mouth, drinking it slowly. Purpled smiled and turned to look back outside. It was quiet for the next few minutes. All that could be heard was the wind, the spoon dipping into the soup and Clemetine's soft snores.

"Mama?" Shroud whispered. Purpled turned his head to look at him.

"Yes baby?"

Shroud looked down.

"Is there something wrong?" Purpled asked.

"Do you love papa?"

Purpled's expression changed from soft to confused.

"Yes, I do," He gestured at his ring. "I married your papa for a reason." He said, smiling slightly.

"Then do you love us?" Purpled's brows furrowed the slightest.

"Of Course I do! I love you and Clemetine equally." He said. "Why do you ask?"

Shroud bit his lip, staring down at his hands that were now in his lap.

"You don't love bugs, do you mama?"

Purpled paused. He looked away, thinking.

"M- Me and Clem are part bug- does-" He broke down, "Does that mean you don't love us?"

Purpled looked at him in pity. A tear slipped down Shroud's cheek.

"Oh, Shroud..." Purpled whispered. He gestured for him to come over. Shroud got up from his chair and ran onto Purpled's lap, crying quietly.

Purpled rubbed circles on his back and kissed his head.

"Shh..." He whispered, wiping the tears off of his face. "Lovebug, you and Clem are different!" He said. "I may not like all bugs but I love you and Clem dearly!"

"Really?" Shroud sniffled.

Purpled nodded, pressing another kiss on his cheek.

"Really. Then why would I wanna be your mama?"

Shroud giggled.

"I dunno..." He said, right before snuggling into Purpled's chest.

"Okay, now," Purpled picked up a spoonful of soup and put it in front of Shroud's mouth. "Say 'ah'!"

He continued to feed Shroud and wiped his mouth clean when he was finished.

Clementine had woken up and made adorable noises while she played with Shroud on a little carpet in the living room. Purpled was doing the dishes.

The door opened. Tommy entered, tired and hungry as fuck. He was quiet just in case Clementine and/or Shroud were asleep.

He heard talking and laughing in the living room and went in.

"PAPA!" Shroud yelled, running into Tommy's arms and being swept up into the air and spun.

"Shroud! I missed ya' lil' man!" He put him down and looked back at the carpet and saw Clementine looking at him with big and curious eyes. He giggled. "Clementine! My lil' soldier!" He swept her up and kissed her head.

Purpled entered the living room.

"Oh my God Tommy! I was so worried!" He hissed, putting his hands on Tommy's cheeks, checking for possible injuries. "You didn't text or call me back!"

Tommy laughed, pulling him into a hug with his free hand.

"So sorry babe, my phone died."

"Never do that again, you jerk." He mumbled into the crook of Tommy's neck. Tall bitch.

Tommy hummed. He tapped Purpled's shoulder with his free hand, holding out a deep red rose. Purpled gasped softly.

"Aww- Toms!" He turned back to kiss Tommy's cheek. He went to grab the rose but frowned when he saw many small cuts and bruises all over his hand. "How- how did this happen?!"

Tommy's eyes widened.

"Um-"

"God, I should've known that you had to've come back with some sort of injury." He hissed, pulling away from Tommy and taking the rose.

The rose' thorns had been cut, no wonder. This idiot- his idiot, had pulled a wild rose out from somewhere and managed to come home with his hand. Holy shit. 

He couldn't think of anything more romantic.

"Is that why you took so long?" Purpled asked.

Tommy raised his free/injured hand up in defense.

"Tubbo ran out of band-aids."

Purpled shook his head.

"Is papa gonna be okay?" Shroud asked. He was sitting on Tommy's lap.

"I'll be fine." Tommy assured.

Tommy, yet again, slept on the couch. Only for an hour though, because Purpled felt bad that Tommy had an injury so, only this once, he made an exception.

But thank XD because if Tommy had to face one more night with that old mess of fabric and wood, he would've thrown himself off the Eiffel tower.