ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 - ᴀɴ ᴏʀᴅɪɴᴀʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ ɪɴ ᴅᴇʀʀʏ

It's been 3 years since you've become a Loser. Ever since then, your life has been hell and heaven at the same time.

RING!

The school bell rings, at last.

"So, there's this church full of Jews, right? And Stan has to take this super Jew-y test." Eddie says. "But how's it work?" Bill asks. "They slice the tip of his dick off." Eddie continued. "But then Stan will have nothing left!" Richie exclaimed. "That's true." Eddie says. "Wait up, you guys!" Stan yelled, trying to get back to the group. "Hey Stan, what happens at the Bar Mitzvah, anyways?" You ask.

"Ed says they slice the tip of your d-d-d-d-d-dick off." Bill states. "Yeah, and I think the rabbi's gonna pull down your pants, turn to the crowd and say, 'Where's the beef?'" You all laugh at the joke and continue walking. "At the Bar Mitzvah, I read from the Torah, and then I make a speech and suddenly, I become a man." Stan says. Your eyes widen. ''Huh, that's..surprising Is all you manage to think. "I could think of funner ways to become a man." "More fun, you mean." Stan corrects.

"Oh shit." Richie says, as you all walk past Henry and his goons. "Think they'll sign my yearbook?" He asks. "Dear Richie, sorry for taking a hot steaming dump in your backpack last March. Have a good summer." You scoff. "Like that's gonna h-happen. If you ask I bet th-they'll k-k-kick your ass." You say, holding the straps of your backpack, looking down. You guys continue walking down to hall to the entrance of the school.

Emptying out your backpacks into the trash, you all sigh. "Best feeling ever." Stan says. "Yeah? Try tickling your pickle for the first time." You cover your mouth, trying not to laugh.  Richie looks at you, "What? I'm being serious!" You roll your eyes. "Hey, what do you guys wanna do tomorrow?" Eddie asks. "I start my training." Richie says. "Wait, what training?" "Street fighter." "Is that how you wanna spend your summer? Inside of an arcade?" Richie looks down before looking back up.

"Beats spending it inside your mother. Oh!" He says, raising his hand up for a high five, to which Stan puts down. "What if we go to the quarry?" Stan asks. "Guys, we have the Ba-Barrens." Bill interrupts. "Right." You look down. "I dunno.." Bill looks at you. "The Barrens? Bill are you insa-ane?" He stays silent. Suddenly, something catches Eddie's attention. "Betty Ripsom's mom."

Everyone turns to Mrs. Ripsom, standing in front of some police officers with their cars, anxiously holding her hands while looking at the school entrance. "Is she really expecting to see her come out of that school?" Stan asks. "I don't know. As if Betty Ripsom's been hiding in Home Ec. for the last few weeks." Eddie says. "You think they'll actually find her?" Stan asks again. "Sure. In a ditch. All decomposed covered in worms and maggots.

Smelling like Eddie's mom's underwear." Eddie looks back at Richie, making a disgusted expression. "Shut up! That's freaking disgusting." Bill turns to Richie. "She's not dead she's m-mi-m-m-missing." Richie looks at Bill. "Sorry, Bill. She's missing." He says, fixing his glasses. "Wrong thing to-to say, Rich." You say, frowning. Just as you guys walk away Richie starts talking again.

"You know the Barrens aren't that bad. Who doesn't love splashing around in shitty water?" Henry grabs Richie's backpack throwing him back into Stan, making him drop his Kippah on the ground. Patrick picks it up. "Nice frisbee, flamer." He says. "Give it back!" Stan yells, only making Patrick laugh. He stands up and throws it into a bus passing by. "Fucking losers!" Belch burps in Eddie's ear and pushes him, making him gag.

Henry walks into Bill. "Loser." He says. "You s-s-s-s-suck, Bowers!" Bill yells at him making Henry stop. "Shut up, Bill." Eddie whispers. Henry turns around. "You s-s-s-s-s-s-say something, B-B-B-B-Billy?" He mocks. "You got a free ride this year 'cause of your little brother," he walks towards Bill. "Ride's over, Denbrough." Henry's dad's walkie-talkie go's off. Making Henry go silent.

"This summer's gonna be a hurt train for you and your faggot friends." Henry says. He licks his hand, wiping it on Bill's face, earning a laugh from Patrick. Henry walks over to you, getting very close, too close for comfort. You shake only thinking the worse. "Look at her tremble. She's so fuckin' stupid." He chuckles. He leans into your ear whispering, "Don't worry. I'll get you next, and we'll have some fun."

Stan walks over to you and asks, "You ok?" You nod, "Y-Yeah, I'm fine..." You look Stan, then turn away. "I wish he'd go missing." Richie says. "He's probably the one doing it." Eddie adds. You all get on your bikes, riding them off into the distance. On the way to your house, you get lost in thought, what if Henry is the one making all these kids disappear? What's he gonna do to your friends? What's he gonna do...to you?