Chapter 2

Dex’s POV :

Desire.

 It was a feeling I haven’t been able to feel for so many years but with just one eye contact, the hidden desire of making something mine were surfacing up.

I had my eyes locked with the blue orbs of that peculiar blonde woman and we were both having a staring competition of our own right now. Suddenly she brought her beautiful dainty hands in front of her and gestured me to come over to her. And my body unconsciously walked towards her  like an invisible magnetic force was pulling me towards her. I threw away my coffee cup and walked straight to her without breaking the eye contact. 

Finally when I was in front of her, I could smell her sharp  intoxicating smell mixed with a cherry perfume and a very strong smell of alcohol. This woman was indeed drunk since her glassy eyes and droopy posture was the proof of it. Looking closely she does look very attractive and with this close to her I couldn’t see her messy appearance since the only place I had my vision fixated was in her blue orbs.

She looked at me with her innocent glassy eyes and finally said something I was definitely not expecting

“YOu dOn’t loOk liKe soMeOne frOm aroUnd hEre Mr HaNdsOme Hot guY. ARe yOu herE to gEt adMiSsion in thiSS shiTTy unIveRsiTy?” as soon as these words left her mouth, I was surprised by how rough and soft her drunk voice was. The words came out as sweetly as I could have never imagine. Her voice was completely different from how she was yelling a while ago.

 But the surliness and roughness of her voice showed that she had some rough night which caused her voice to become rough. As she looked at me expectedly for an answer I couldn’t find the right words for this woman. Before I could reply to her she again said:

“ITS BETTER TO DIE! THAN BE IN THIS STUPID ASSHOLE UNIVERSITY!!!” 

This time I was startled from her sudden loud voice. As she again continued but this time she said all the words in the right tone:

“they fuckin failed me!!! I was a great honour student yet they cancelled my graduation!! My boyfriend cheated on me for 6 months!!!! And he didn’t even showed a single hint of guilt!!!.”

 I really don’t know why but hearing her talk about her ex is making  something inside me very irritated. Like I didn’t want to hear about the asshole that made her condition look like this. So I tried to calm her down a bit. 

“Hey I think you are very drunk! Get down from that dustbin and we can talk okay?” she just silently looked at me and her eyes got even more droopy. I was scared she will fall from the dustbin at this rate so I tried gabbing her arm to pull her down from there but instead she jumped on the  herself and landed just a foot distance from my face. After she had jumped down, I realised that she is very short and fragile compared to me, just like a porcelain doll. All this time we both had our eyes locked with each other. And finally she said more drunken babble again 

“I am not drunk!!! I don’t even touch alcohol!!! I am an honour student!!don’t you dare blame being drunk on me when you, yourself are drunk!” this time I cracked up and started laughing at the silly remark of the that girl but I decided to go along with her remark since she looks like she will be more happy if I just accepted the blame of being drunk.

“ yeah.... sure I am drunk. So..... you are a student here? How old are you?” she suddenly glared at me like I asked her something really personal that I shouldn’t have....but instead of answering my question she grabbed the collar of my shirt, pulled me sharply to her height and brought her lips to my ear and started whispering. And God knows how much of an excitement I felt at that moment. 

“Yes, I was a student here till yesterday!! and today was supposed to be my graduation....but you know why I didn’t graduate? Because that asshole I called my boyfriend dumped me so I did something better for him in return... And so my university kicked me out!! because he was the son of our principal.....”

When she ended that sentence I could feel anger rising in me for some reasons. But the girl started caressing my upper body with her dainty fingers and I could feel my heart thumping super loud!. And when I looked at her again she was looking at me with her complete flushed face. The tension around was so evident that it could be cut through a knife. But she again whispered something in my ear which almost made me loose my control...

“Let’s get out of here.....so you know....you could tell me your name and I could tell you something else...”

I jolted back as she said it and I could feel that my ears were red at this point and she just smirked at me. But I still managed to reply her 

“I am Dex William. What’s your name?” she looked in my eyes again and I could feel her blue orbs suddenly coming  closer and closer to my face until they were a few inches away from me and she again whispered

“ Hazel....”.

“oh yes, I know my eyes are hazel but I was asking your name?” I told her as she backed off a little from my body.

“Hazel......Hazel Stone....my name is Hazel Stone” she said her name in a very shy way that made me want to pat her head. But suddenly I heard a loud voice and a whistle blow. I sharply looked back and it was the university’s security guards running towards us to catch her.

But when I looked at Hazel, she was getting ready to fight the guards head-on which...was physically impossible for her to even stand a chance against those Buffy guards but if she gets caught, it’s going to be a huge trouble. 

So I did what I thought I should. 

I grabbed her dainty hand and ran towards the petrol station. Surprise and shock was completely evident on her face but I kept on running to my car. For some reasons I just couldn’t leave her there. It’s like some strings in my heart have been strum and as soon as my car came in view, I quickly opened the door and pushed her inside.

The fuel had already been loaded in the car but there was no time to pay for it so instead when Oben came outside the station for payment I yelled 

“sorry Oben, it’s an emergency right now! Stetson will pay you by tonight!!!” and I rushed the car on the road that leads to my house. I could faintly hear Oben yelling “drive safely” but I couldn’t pay attention to it. It was like my body had a huge dose of adrenaline and I could feel my heart racing. I drove the car quickly till I lost sight of the guards running behind us. Now my body was finally calming down so I looked at the girl on the passenger seat beside me but to my surprise, she was already asleep!!!!.

I tried waking her up many times but she wouldn’t budge. Now that I was calmed down I finally looked at the situation I was in. I have a stranger girl who is completely drunk in my car. This could be charged as an abduction!!. My head was still full of a mess of what to do in this situation. And there were only two conclusions I could come to.

Either toss that girl here somewhere on the snow 

Or take her home with me since I don’t know where she lives.

So I took the later option and decided to take her home with me. I again looked at her face which was completely red either from being drunk or from the cold weather so I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her and finally I drove back home. For some reasons I couldn’t take my eyes off her even when she was sleeping. I want to know what kind of magic she has casted to make me feel so attracted to her. The trip back home was almost coming to a halt but for some reasons I could feel this is only the start of a long journey.