Tami

July, 2021
Minnesota
...

After Mino's angry outburst his mother had left right through the door. It'd been a week since then and she wasn't back yet. On the news, things only got worse. America was under attack and their army was underpopulated. The government started drafting young civilians whether they were qualified or not.

A protest had broken out as a result and there was chaos everywhere. Mino tried calling Jake but his number was unreachable. He decided he was going to pay his best friend a visit.

Although his chest still felt uneasy at the fact that his mother wasn't back since a week ago and hadn't bothered calling, he brushed it aside and decided he wasn't going to call either.

He was going to play the role of the 'irresponsible son' splendidly well.

Mino grabbed his coat from his bed and made his way downstairs to the front door.
"REMA, I'm going out for a bit. Lock the house."

"Yes, Mino." The lights in the house went out and the blinds were drawn.

Mino stepped unto the front porch and exhaled. Even though it was the middle of summer, the atmosphere still felt a little chilly, so much so that he could see his breath. The door locked behind him and he made his way to Jake's parent's house.
Jake lived at South End while he lived at Back Bay.

Their neighbourhood wasn't too far from each other. Mino decided to stroll casually along the street to the next neighbourhood. Twenty minutes later, he arrived at the Auston's residence.

Jake's home was quite impressive. It was a glass house constructed with modern day architectural designs. It was a sight to behold indeed.

Mino rang the bell like he'd done a number of times when he'd visited his best friend.

He didn't have to wait long before hearing a bit of a commotion from the other end and then a yelp followed by a low, painful groan. The person must have tripped while trying to get the door. Mino couldn't help but smile a little at the thought of Jake tripping and falling.

The door opened.

Mino's russet brown eyes widened as he saw the person standing by the door; it was Tami, Jake's older sister. 'What was she doing here?'

'Shouldn't she be at work, CrossCroft Corporation to be precise since that was where she worked? '

That was where his mother worked too.

A blush involuntarily crept up Mino's neck.

Mino had only ever seen her a handful of times but each time her beauty had always distracted him. Her long, red hair was beautiful and glittered against the porch light. Her blue eyes were the same as Jake's. Jake's hair was brown, the same as their dad's but Tami had taken their mother's hair colour.

Mino was brought out of his train of thought by the sound of her clearing her throat. He hadn't even realized he'd been staring openly and his neck grew even warmer.

"Can I help you?" Her voice was gentle yet curious, her blue eyes sparkling.

Didn't she remember him?
"Hi, I'm Mino, is Jake in?"

Tami's eyes widened. "Mino?"
He placed his hands in his coat pockets and nodded. Her eyes finally widened in recognition.
"I'm so sorry! Please, come in. You're my little brother's best friend, I almost didn't recognize you, it's been so long since we've met." Her voice was chirpy and lively.

Mino released a relieved breath and walked in.
"Thank you."

"Of course, please have a sit."
Mino took off his coat.