🥩More Than a Monster🥩 (Dale x Reader)

(all the art used in here are by @akfthrnldudna on twitter)

(hhhh writing this flustered me so you better enjoy this or else /j)

(Also Dale speaks in bold bc of his voice ig)

(i cant believe im doing this help-)

It's been a long day, for a lack of better words. School did quite the number on you. One thing for sure, (insert grade) was way more than you ever expected this year. Exhausted completely, you retired to your bed earlier than usual. You were hoping that when you woke up, you wouldn't be transported to that horrid 3D dimension and have to deal with Disruption screaming at you again. The only ones you really found favor with was Expunged and Bandu. (sorry Disrupt fanpeople lol)

But instead of the nauseatingly swirly three-dimensional realm, the place you awakened to was different. VERY different.

You gained consciousness soon and opened your eyes in shock. The floor and the environment you were in was freezing cold. You tried to stand up but failed from the sheer cold of the temperature. Falling to your knees with a pained whine, you decided to at least look around to figure out where the hell you even were. As your eyes adjusted to the low lighting, you could make out meat hooks holding raw, impaled meat pieces in the darkness. Nothing looked familiar to the odd but memorable 3D dimension you knew. The place you ended up in seemed to be endless from what you could tell. You finally mustered the strength, stood up from the frigid floor, and walked around. After about ten minutes of aimless wandering, you were thinking that you may never escape. Tears began to well up in your eyes (I ALMOST SPELLED YAYS INSTEAD OF EYES HELP). But luckily it soon came to your realization that this must be where someone dwells. I mean, I'd rather not prefer to live in a freezer with meat hanging almost everywhere, but I guess someone does. You called out into the void: "Hello? Is anyone there?" As you finished your cry for help, you could hear your voice feebly echo throughout the freezing void. As no reply came, you began to fall to your knees and sob uncontrollably, losing any hope of going home. You began to miss your family, your friends, your nice, warm house...

"Hello? Who's there?" A slightly distorted voice echoed to you after some time. You immediately jumped up, half out of pure relief that you had a chance to get out of here, and half out of shock from the odd voice. Finally! I'm saved from this nightmare! you thought as you wiped your tears away. "Uh.. I'm Y/N! Who are you? Can you get me out of here?" As soon as you finished your sentence, a tall 3D figure stepped forth from the darkness.

(YEYE THIS DUDE RIGHT ERE :DD)

*describes their appearance even though i put an image already B)*

They looked unlike any bambi you've ever seen. They resembled Bandu in shape except for their legs, plus they seemed far younger for sure. Instead of green and blue, they had a washed-out red hat and a dark indigo torso and legs. Their eyes (oh look I didn't spell yays again yippee) were swollen with heavy eye bags but wore a happy and somewhat comforting smile, taking away from their strange appearance. The unknown individual stared at you intently for a while before introducing themselves. "Aww! Cute! Hi, Y/N! I'm Dale! I'm a butcher, hence the meat hooks, but that is beside the point. I'm glad to finally have someone here!" He grinned widely at your presence. Aww, the poor guy must be lonely here.. I mean, it is an endless void after all. "Glad to have someone here?.." You questioned curiously. "Yeah, Of course! In fact, it's very, very lonely being.. you know.. alone.." He appeared to have lost his happy smile and replaced it with a melancholy frown. (he face go like :() You tried to cheer him up. "Well, at least I'm here." You said with a smile. He looked at your happy face and smiled back, blushing a little. Sure, this guy was hella creepy, but you were indeed taught to never judge a book by its cover, or a person by their looks in this case. After all, you could see that he was truly a kind and loving individual, maybe a little attractive too..

Soon a pang of guilt hit you like a brick. Oh, right. I was trying to leave here. But I can't now! That would break this Dale guy's poor heart. I saw the devastated look in his eyes myself. His pretty.. dreamy.. blue eyes.. (yes he does have blue eyes canonically check his left pose lol)

You drifted off daydreaming, which Dale noticed. "Y-you good there?.." You brought your head out of the clouds from the sound of his voice. "O-oh its nothing nothing at all do not worry" you said in a flustered tone. Crap, why am I becoming a flustered mess?!  He rather quickly noticed your current state and broke the awkwardness. "Here.. you must be cold." He said compassionately as he embraced you with his clawed feet. You hugged back and began to cry uncontrollably. "I wanna go back home, but I don't wanna leave you here by yourself.." you sobbed as you placed your face in his sweater. Dale hugged you tightly but comfortably, which made you melt into the hug. Despite living in a literal freezer, he was surprisingly warm, which helped shield you from the coldness. "Don't worry, Y/N. I understand. You can leave if you want, I'd show you if you feel like it, but I'll always be here for you. No matter what."

You nodded and looked up at him (he tall, remember?) as you wiped your face with your wrist. You felt like telling him your feelings if they weren't already obvious, but you were too shy to. Or, at least you thought you were. Without thinking you replied "I don't want to leave you just yet, because i love you, Dale.." You immediately came to realize the words that just left you, burying your face in your hands out of pure embarrassment. "It's ok. I love you too. With all my heart." With that he gently kissed you on the cheek, causing you both to become red-faced. You kissed him back and smiled. "You do have a phone, right? Before i leave could i maybe have your number or something?" you asked shyly as you removed yours from your pocket. "Oh, yeah!" he excitedly replied. (Congratulations Y/N you have now received Dale's Discord user yayyy) "So basically how you leave is either have Expunged teleport you out, or you just go back to sleep again. Either way does the trick." "You, know.. I think I'd rather choose the second. You're warm and comfortable to hug, and I kinda want to snuggle with you" (IN A WHOLESOME WAY OK) His eyes sparkled with joy at your reply. "Mmhmm! Of course!" You both went to a part of his "realm" that wasn't absolutely frigid and laid there until you drifted off to sleep. Before you lost consciousness, you could have sworn you heard him mumble something along the lines of: "The only one who didn't fear me. Who didn't see me as a monster. Who appreciated me for who I was, and saw the true good in me."

You awakened from your sleep confused about what happened last night. From your previous experiences you knew anything that happened in the 3D world was surely real, but this time it didn't feel like it. You checked your DMs, and, to your surprise, Dale was in there. (no escape now hahaha/j) You sighed in relief and laid on your bed, only thinking him until finally getting up and getting breakfast. It was Saturday so you didn't have to worry about school and stuff. Once again, you checked your DMs, and, sure enough, he was there. You smiled and blushed softly as you put your phone away. "Maybe he isn't a monster after all."

THE END<3

AUABSAIHU 1371 WORDS DEAR LORDY LORD AHAHAH

ANYWAYS UHH YE THAT WAS MY FIRST TIME WRITING HERE IN THE GOOD OL WATTPAD

this was kinda long wowza

although i am very not confident about my writing i may write more dale x reader stuff

maybe

but i hope you liked this! Have a good day ppl ^^