Chapter 31. Confrontation

'She won't open the door anytime soon, maybe I should ask Sunstreaker to come over.'

I glanced at Ironhide to see his reaction. 'That idiot! I've been watching her all the time and I get my eyes off her for five minutes and he shows up!' He angrily paced around. I sat down for a moment and sucked in a breath. 'I don't want him here or near Star! He doesn't deserve to be here!' he hissed. I met this gaze. 'Aren't you overreacting just a little bit right now? I know my brother messed up a big time, but you can't keep them apart.' Ironhide snorted. 'Watch me! Since when did you change your mind?' he snapped. I looked down at my hands. Star is bonded to us, to Sunstreaker. There's nothing we can change about that, she needs my brother. She loves him and the bond needs to be completed. I wasn't sure how Ironhide would react to the news, but at some point he had to know the truth.

'Sideswipe!'

I looked up. 'Look... My brother messed up. I am not praising his behavior, but he does love her. He never loved anyone like that before. He cares and if he didn't, she would be dead. Why don't you give him a chance? Because one stupid rule you keep them apart?' I mocked. Ironhide slammed me against the wall. 'Don't you dare to tell me what to do! I don't want that psycho near my daughter! She can get any other mech she'd like, but not him,' he growled. I rubbed my throat as he stepped back. 'Actually, Ironhide... she can't. You forced my brother into a position where he started doing things out of stupidity. They say love makes blind and that's exactly what is happening. If you weren't freaking out so much, my brother would have settled down a little bit. I didn't have his back before, but he's still my twin and I'm having his back now. You can be mad at me whatever you want, but it won't change anything about the situation.

'You know something I don't. Otherwise, you wouldn't give me this shit.' Ironhide approached me. 'Back off, Ironhide!' I pushed him forcefully. 'I saved your daughter's life. She wouldn't be here without me!' Ironhide narrowed his eyes at me. 'He bonded with her. He talked to me about it and I told him no but because of you he did it anyway. We had a major fight about it. I don't know what exactly  happened on the day of the bonding, whether she wanted it or not, but they're bonded. We are all three connected and if my brother dies, she will die too. You can't keep them apart, my brother is in pain and so is she. Ironhide's face had several intense emotions before he charged at me. 'My daughter is bonded with a psychopath!' He screamed. He beat the living hell out of me.

'GET OFF HIM!'

I knew that voice all too well. Sunstreaker tossed Ironhide aside. His shirt was covered in a thick layer of blood and so were his face and hands. It was like a switch had been turned on. I didn't recognize my brother anymore. The only time I have seen him like this was during the final battle in the pits, when he became a champion. Ironhide got up and took note of my brother's state, a tense silence followed. 'Where is she?' There was no emotion behind his words. Just like that fateful day in the pits, his eyes were completely black. I always used to call it his 'gladiator' mode. A side I never ever wanted to see again. Ironhide kept his mouth shut, as if he was doubting. 'She's in her room,' I replied. Sunstreaker didn't move. 'Where. is. she!' His voice was laced with hate. 'I am telling you, in her room!' Sunstreaker stared me dead in the eyes. I don't know what I find creepier, when he's going berserk on me, or this dark and twisted side of his.

'That's where she was...' I added quietly. My brother started to become impatient and I knew what would follow, Ironhide didn't. 'Let's split up and try to find her, she can't be far,' I assured, turning around. 'I have Annabel...' I froze and so did Ironhide. 'Poor child was screaming in pain when I stabbed her in the leg. Blood was gushing everywhere... I intended to cut it off, but I was interrupted by this soldier. Like every mom would attempt, Sarah tried to save her. If I can't be with the love of my life, then Sarah and Annabel will both die in the most brutal way possible. I studied medieval death and torturements... I got some inspiration.' My brother spoke in a very calm voice, as if it was normal. 'If I can't have Star at exactly 7 AM tomorrow, Sarah and Annabel will die and if I were you, I would hurry because with every minute that passes, they're losing blood. It's going to be a mess for me to clean it up afterward. I think you forgot that I am a serial killer, Ironhide. I don't even know what took me so long to start killing, I truly missed seeing people suffer and watching life fade away from their eyes. I think you should thank your daughter though... She was really good at talking to me. Anyway, you might want to hurry, time is ticking.' I exchanged a look with Ironhide. It was as if his processors couldn't process all of the new information. He kept staring with no emotion on his face.

'Sunny, please... this is wrong and you know it. Sarah and Annabel have done nothing wrong. Star will hate you for this–' he cut me off. 'She won't hate me, I would've killed you if I had that option. Even for trying to lay a finger on her. I found her, she belongs to me, and I have dreamed about ripping your spark out, about hurting you. I wanted to hurt you so badly that you would be screaming and crying in pain and begging for me to end your life.'  A cold shiver ran down my spine. 'Find her, Sideswipe! Bring her to me!' His holoform fizzled out and only left a few sparkles behind.