~ Reminiscing: She's My Strawberry Dream ~

"𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑"

---

You're out on Christmas day, spending time with your family and friends. You're having the best time of your life. You couldn't ask for a better day. 

Everyone got all their gifts, you shared sweet memories and laughs, and you're genuinely having a great day, though, you're feeling like you're missing something. As if you're missing an important piece of a puzzle. 

You shake it off as you see everyone going inside your house. You follow behind but, you get stopped, and they tell you to wait outside. You hesitantly obeyed their directions, thinking if they were going to play a prank on you. You get excited and nervous, feeling impatient to know what they have in store for you. 

While you wait, your thoughts come flooding back. You feel as if something is missing. These feelings and thoughts keep bugging you. You want to get rid of it, you want to forget about it. I mean, it's Christmas Day, why should you be worried about these feelings when you have your family and friends on the other side of your front door?

You take a few deep breaths, trying to clear your head. As soon as you finish, the door opens swiftly, causing you to jump. You went inside your house and notice that everything is dark. You take a few steps in and turn on the lights. As soon as the lights go on, everyone jumps out of nowhere.

"Surprise, Ry!"

You were a bit startled at first but then, you let out a cheeky smile. You looked around in hopes of looking for your surprise, however, you don't see anything that was supposed to be as surprising as you thought. Your smile falters a bit as your eyes furrowed in confusion. You then asked, knowing how rude you may sound,

"Why did you guys say 'surprise' if there's nothing here that's supposed to be my surprise?"

Everyone is smiling and giggling as someone gives you a small, decorated gift box. You took it hesitantly. You opened it and the first thing you see inside catches your eye. 

It's a 'wishing star necklace'. You also notice a little piece of paper that is folded. You opened it up, there was a short note. 

"Close your eyes and say: I wish I could see my best friend, Blueberry!"

At first, you chuckled, smiled, and thought it was adorable as you instantly knew that your gift was from none other than your best friend, Inayah. 

Nonetheless, you did just that. You stood in your place, contented and delighted, hopeful even. You feel so hopeful that you'll once again see the girl who puts up with you. The one who became your best friend without hesitating. The one who sacrificed sleep and time for you. The friend who would always check up on you to make sure you're doing okay. The one you could relate to. The one who makes sure to always know that you're special and mean everything to them. The one who stays by your side. The one who would even sacrifice her own life just for you. The one who claimed that loved you for you. That person is your best friend.

Feeling a bit relieved, you opened your eyes and let out a few shaky breaths, trying not to let tears come out. You started walking towards the kitchen and got a glass of strawberry milk. You gulped the whole thing down, feeling satisfied.