Season 1, Episode 1: The Pilot

It was around three in the morning when the small bedroom was flooded with light. In the room were two children, sleeping peacefully.

Morty Smith was the first child, he was sleeping in a bed covered in tan sheets. The top of his bed and the shelf above it were covered in toys and trinkets. Morty had a bookcase with trinkets and a few posters on his wall. He was a young boy with short brown hair and low confidence.

On the other side of the room, was a second bed. This one held (Y/n) Smith, covered in (f/c) sheets. Her side of the room was mainly science oriented. Her desk, which sat next to Morty's at the foot of her bed, had small inventions and trinkets. Notes covered her wall instead of posters. (Y/n) was a quiet girl with light blue hair and a high I.Q.

These two both woke up when a voice followed the light switching on.

"(Y/n), Morty, you got to come on." The gruff voice of their grandpa Rick spoke.

(Y/n) rubbed her eyes as Rick spoke again, "You got to come with me." Rick collapsed by Morty's bed with a beer bottle in one hand.

"What's going on?" Morty asked, dazed.

"I got a surprise for you," Rick mumbled.

"It's the middle of the night, what the hell are you talking about?" (Y/n) asked.

"I got a surprise for you. Come on. Hurry up." Rick stood up and began dragging Morty out of bed.

"Ow! You're tugging me too hard." Morty tried grabbing his bed but failed. Rick dragged him out of the room, making him hit the doorway accidentally.

(Y/n) yawned and got out of bed. She lazily followed the two down the stairs and into the garage.

Rick told them to get in his flying ship, which looked haphazardly built. Once the twins and Rick were in the ship (Morty in the front with Rick, while (Y/n) was in the back seats), he began flying above the town.

"What do you— what do you think of this flying vehicle, kids? I built it out of stuff I found in the garage." Rick slurred, his eyes going in and out of focus.

"Yeah, Rick, it's — it's great. Is this the surprise?" Morty asked, seeing if his grandfather was just drunk.

Rick burped and raised his beer bottle over his head. "I had to — I had to do — I had to — I had to — I had to make a bomb, kids. I had to create a bomb."

"What?! A bomb?!" Morty freaked.

"Oh goddammit," (Y/n) rolled up her sleeves.

"We're gonna drop it down there — just get a whole fresh start, kids. Create a whole fresh start." Rick spilled some booze on (Y/n).

"T-t-that's absolutely crazy!" Morty grabbed his head, anxiously.

"Come on, Morty. Just take it easy, Morty. It's gonna be good. Right now, we're gonna go pick up your little friend Jessica." Rick 'explained'.

"Jessica? From my math class?" Morty asked.

"And-and-and we're gonna get whoever (Y/n) likes too." Rick grabbed Morty close.

"I don't like anyone, where's the bomb?" (Y/n) asked, leaning over Rick to steer the vehicle.

"When I drop the bomb. I don't—" Rick took some sips of his booze before talking again, "you know. I want you to have somebody, you know — I want you to have the thing — I'm gonna make it like a new Adam and Eve, and you're gonna be Adam."

Morty 'oohed' at that idea.

"And Jessica's gonna be Eve, and so that's the surprise, Morty." Rick grinned.