-1-

Hello everyone!

Today I brought you a new fic! I originally wrote it for a fic fest, and as the authors got revealed I thought I'd share it with you as well ^^

CW for light drinking, cursing and some smut/nsfw scenes at the last part

Enjoy~
-----------------------
.
.

It's been a while since Namjoon released his newest song, and he hoped that those stupid speculations would stop by now, but when he sees a new article about it, he can't help but groan in his frustration.

"What's up with you? You sound like an old man," Yoongi says next to him. They're sitting at a bar's VIP section, hidden by the crowd.

"Ugh, I don't want to sound like you," Namjoon teases him, trying to not show how annoyed he is. He lifts his head up when he hears Yoongi's low chuckle.

"I think I deserve a little more respect, you brat," Yoongi remarks, but his unique, gummy smile is a sign he's not mad at him at all. Then, his smile fades, and his brows furrow. "Everything okay?" He asks, his tone soft.

"Yeah, it's just-" Namjoon wildly gestures with his hands, almost hitting the glass in front of him.

"Is it about your song?" Yoongi asks, knowing him too well.

"Yep," he replies curtly and grabs his drink, downing half of it with one go. "They're still guessing who I am talking about in it," he explains, glad that it's darker so Yoongi can't see his blush.

"I guess they're assuming some bullshit again," Yoongi says, and Namjoon's maybe a bit too deep in his thoughts as he doesn't notice how sadder his tone becomes.

"Of course they are," Namjoon confirms. "No matter how many times I said in my interviews that it has nothing to do with Adora, no one believes me!" He groans and lifts his glass to his lips, drinking what's left in it before he puts the glass down and lowers his head.

"You know how they are, Joonie," Yoongi tries to reason, his tone warm. Namjoon glances at him at that, and his heart flutters in his chest when he sees his small smile. But then the guilt bubbles up in his belly. He wanted to tell the reporters and journalists who's the one he talks about in his latest song, but he couldn't do it.

He's such a coward.

"You should release a new track so they'd start focusing on that and forget my silly song," he tries to ease the mood and hide his sadness and guilt behind a smile, but as he looks at Yoongi, he has a guess that Yoongi sees through him.

"Tsk, you talk about it like it's so easy to just come up with a new song," Yoongi says eventually as he leans back in his seat. Whatever he just saw in his expression, he doesn't push it, and Namjoon really appreciates it.

"Hyung, it's a well known secret that you can write and produce a song in less than a day," he looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Maybe I was able to do that back in the early years, but not anymore," Yoongi says with a shrug.

"Getting old?" Namjoon's lips curl up to a smile, dimples showing.

"You brat," Yoongi comments, but Namjoon can see how he's trying not to smile, but he eventually does, and fuck if it's not the most beautiful sight, then Namjoon doesn't know what it is.

But the one thing he knows for sure, is that he wants to see Yoongi's smile every day for the rest of his life.

★★★

Yoongi closes the front door of his apartment and turns over, toeing out from his shoes while he puts his keys away. As he's done, he lifts his head up, and he can't hold back the deep sigh that leaves him at the sight of his empty apartment. He wishes he'd have someone who's waiting for him, sitting on the couch with a book in their hands, lifting their head up and smiling at his arrival. To get a hug and a "welcome back" kiss.