Lackluster ≫ Tigerclaw x Female! Reader

Art: bluemacaw11

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Heavy angst
• Implied smut (Not graphic)
• Implied abuse
• Tigerclaw being a huge red flag 🚩

This is a request for LillRatBish.
Thank you for requesting :D

****

The evening was gradually shifting into night, cloaking the forest in a swath of deep blues and purples. It seemed like just yesterday you were a timid, scared kittypet standing beside your brother as Bluestar announced your arrival to ThunderClan, and now you were walking beside him, your head raised confidently and a plump, juicy rabbit gripped in your jaws that you had caught all by yourself. It made your heart swell with pride, and for the first time in your life, you realized just how happy you were in ThunderClan.
You squeezed through the camp entrance beside your brother, giving him a friendly nudge with your shoulder as you approached the freshkill pile.
"You did great today, (Y/N)," He meowed once he had set the vole he caught down.
"The way you tricked that rabbit was really impressive. I wish I was as skilled and smart as you."

You felt your ears heat up with embarrassment at your brother's praise, and you met his gaze for a brief moment before shyly glancing away.
"Thanks, Fireheart. I learned from the best. You taught me everything I know about hunting back when we were apprentices."
It was true— Fireheart had always been the cat you looked up to the most, ever since you were kits. He made your whole life worth living, even when it was hard.

Your brother smiled down at you gently, his green eyes glowing proudly in the little sunlight that remained in the sky above.
"I had a lot of fun with you today, (Y/N)," He meowed. "Thanks for going hunting with me."
He swiveled his head back towards the entrance to camp, his gaze resting on a familiar pale ginger she-cat.
He smiled sheepishly, giving her a slight nod before turning back to you and briefly touching his nose to your forehead.
"Have a good night, okay? I'll see you tomorrow."

You purred, rubbing your cheek against his.
"Goodnight, Fireheart. I love you."

Fireheart smiled. "Love you too, (N/N)."
Then, he turned around a trotted back across the clearing, pausing next to his love interest and affectionately rubbing his muzzle against hers. You watched them with a smile on your face as they twined their tails together and slipped through the barrier, then disappeared into the approaching night.

Once you were certain they were long gone, you turned towards a thick clump of ferns next to the warriors' den.
"He's gone. You can come out."
The lush green fronds trembled, and a muscular, dark brown tabby tom stepped out of them, giving his pelt a rough shake and fixing you with an annoyed glare.

"Must you insist on making me hide in some bush every time your brother comes around?" He growled, lashing his tail.
You sighed. Of course he was angry— He always was.

"You know how Fireheart feels about you, Tigerclaw," You meowed, keeping your voice as low as you could manage so none of your lingering clanmates overheard you.
"If he finds out we're seeing each other, he'll rip your fur off and line his nest with it."

Tigerclaw's amber eyes flashed with a sudden glint of ambition, and you rolled your eyes, as you knew where this was going.
"I'd like to see that mange-ridden kittypet try," He snarled, extending his unusually long claws.
"If he ever tries to fight me, I'll pin him by his tail and rip off his—"