Part 6

I enter the garage and immediately head for Max's section. It's Free Practice 1 & 2 today, which means we're going racing. 

I wish Max good luck and he gets his helmet on, getting into the car. 

liked by maxverstappen33, redbullracing, f1mechf1easton: and so it begins

f1easton:
and so it begins... lets go max!! #RBR #FreePractice1

By the end of it, Max gets P2, with Charles getting P1. Max comes back into the garage, gets out and gives me a high five. 
I throw him his water bottle, and we have no time to waste before we have to go to the press corner and do as many interviews as we can. I take photos for fans with Max on the way there, even get to sign things myself, and we head there. 

We reach our first presenter.
"So Max, first part of the weekend done with the racing, with P2. Charles is also destined to be one of the championship contenders this season, how are we feeling with that?" They ask. 
"Well, of course, there are going to be many drivers in the top teams as championship contenders. That's how the sport works. You just have to see as the season progresses, which is why you can't confirm anything at the beginning, or even until it's over. This sport is so unpredictable. Until then, we just have to work hard, and I look forward to racing against whoever is up there with me." He says, me smiling in the background like an idiot with his water bottle. 
"Thank you Max." They say. 

We walk over and do a couple of more interviews, and reach another one. 
"Hiya Max, hope you're doing well. We've had some rumors about you hanging out with some girls during the off-season, what is the status on that?" They ask. 
I can't help but giggle at the question. Of course, we've been through this before. Do you really think, me, as a communications partner, wouldn't cover relationships with F1 drivers? They're like rabbits when it comes to girls. 
Max giggles too. 
"Ha, okay. This may be one of the most important seasons of my career, who knows. Hats off to the other drivers that maintain good relationships with their partners while flying around the world. I just want to focus for now, those were just friends. Still single for now." He finishes. 

Daniel walks past the interview and chuckles. 
"All by my selffff. Don't wanna be, all by my selffff." He starts to sing into our interviewers microphone. 
"Do you want to answer the question, Daniel?" The interviewer asks. 
"I'm all single. Am I open to a relationship? Maybe. We'll just have to see." Daniel says into the camera, and gives it a wink. He taps me and Max on the shoulder, and walks off. 

We all finish up with interviews and walk back. I text Dan on the way. 

Loving the performance today. I give it 2 minutes
 before it's in a new 'F1 Drivers go
crazy during interviews' compilation.

Thank you, took me a while to practice for that one.

Speaking of questions, miss communications, how
are you doing in the relationship department?

Ha, you think I could try and get a
job in one of the biggest sports in the
world and also have a boyfriend? I'm single.

I have the perfect guy for you.

Oh, you do?

Yeah, great guy - he's a mechanic for McLaren. He's been
eying you up anyways, saying he thinks your pretty. Seen 
you on F1 TV. 

Name?

Aaron Lockett. 

Hmmm. 

Should I set you up on a blind date?

Maybeee. 

Sunday, 9PM. Go to King's Bar. I'll give you the directions

My little wingman, even after only knowing eachother for a day. 

Hahahaha, have fun :)

Thanks :)

"What are you smiling at?" Max asks. 
"Daniel is setting me up on a blind date." I say, handing him my phone. 
He reads it and passed it back. 
"Daniel Ricciardo is setting you up on a blind date?" He says. 
"Yeah, apparently there's a mechanic for his team that thinks I'm pretty." 
"Oh, I mean if he thinks you're pretty then that's all that matters then." He snaps out. 
I stop walking. 
"What's your deal?" I say, coldly. 
"Nothing - I just know what F1 guys are. Drivers, mechanics, basically anyone who works here - they kinda suck." Max says. 

We make it to the garage and head into his room so he can warm up again for Free Practice 2. 
"We'll see what happens. What happens on a race weekend, stays in a race weekend." I say to him, with a smile on my face. 

authors note:
hi guys. hope we're all enjoying it so far!
if you want to see anything, want to give me feedback or just chat to me, feel free to leave a comment or anything like that! I'll respond as fast as possible. 
+ vote if you're liking it! 
thanks <3