Prologue

The Kingdom of Ardenia is known to all across the world as the most beautiful, the most enchanting, and the most magical place to call home. However, Ardenia's true power is known most to those at Court behind the high stone walls that hide what sleeps within them.

Ardenia has long been ruled by the Arden family. Despite many tries, no enemy has ever been able to take the crown from the long-serving, dutiful family that sits on the throne of glass, created hundreds of years ago during the rule of the first king, King Lancel Arden.

Many know the stories of the Arden family. The whispers under the moonlight of the colours they see running through the woods by the stone walls. The tales of claw marks on prisoners.

Not many are privy to witness the true strength of the Arden family that has kept them in power for so long. Only few live to tell the tale, to whisper the rumours, to spread the magic people would dream to see...

The Crown of Wolves, they call the metal sitting atop the King's head.

The family of wolves, each more powerful than the last, is what holds the power of Ardenia.

It has been long since the royal family has allowed themselves to be shown in daylight, limiting themselves carefully to be seen by very few, keeping the magic alive for the public.

The realm is readying itself for the whispers of a new wolf ruler.

A Queen.

It has been said her fur is as crimson as a bright fire - the rarest of all, the most powerful of all. Or so they say. No one could know for surety. No one has seen her in her wolf form in years. No one inside the Court walls would dare to say otherwise.

Every young suitor in the lands is eagerly awaiting his chance to find out if the stories are true. Her eighteenth birthday is approaching quickly and they all plan to make her acquaintance.

She is the talk of the realm.

Princess Lilianna Arden, second of her name, is to be...

The Red Wolf Queen.