⚬ 027

When the bright light from the warm sunlight had woken her up, Diane arose in a good mood.

One that felt better than before, she checked her from from the white nightstand beside her bed, a missed FaceTime from Hannah, a text message from Ten, another from Kiomi, one from Mark, and another from the group chat.

She eyed Kiomi's text icon, removing the rest as she tapped on the notification, she read the message to herself.

:Hi, I wasn't able to see you yesterday, hope all is well? Could we meet up today, you know, that cafe by the university, heard it's lovely!

She smiled shooting her a quick reply.

Placing down her phone, she got up slipping into her bunny slippers, opening her room door as she rushed down the stairs.

When she got down, she was surprised to see Hannah standing there with Kiomi, talking to Winter who was drinking a cup of water, she noticed her, quickly placing down her cup.

"There she is!"

The girls turned to meet her eyes, Kiomi grinned, rushing forward to pull her into a hug, she pulled away quickly, holding her hands with a smile, "Oh, I'm so glad you're okay, I heard and I feel terrible, I'm sure all will be well."

Diane nodded, quickly shooting Hannah a small wave, "Yeah, I understand you wanted to take me somewhere?"

Kiomi perked up at that, "Yes! Is that okay with you?" Diane shrugged with a light chuckle, "I'm more than happy to get out this house."

They shared a short laugh before they let go of one another, Diane making her way towards the stairs, "I'll be quick."

They sat in a cafe near the University as told via text, the calm peaceful interior decoration relaxing Diane's nerves

Kiomi sensed her unease, "You okay? Sorry if this is a bit too much, I kind of planned this out if you didn't know."

Diane made a face of surprise at her statement, "Oh really! I can't believe it, you didn't have too." Kiomi waved her off with a hand, "Oh please, it's the least I could do, and I didn't want you to be alone, you know since Winter wasn't there."

Diane gave her a tad smile at that, she clears her throat before smiling, "Well, what's the plan Ms. Sato."

Kiomi beamed at her, "Well, I was actually thinking we could go back to my house for this one, I have a lot planned."

At this, Diane laughed, "Wow, you're making my whole day," she sipped the last bit off her latte, taking a bite of her donut before putting it back in the bag.

"Shall we go."

When they arrived at the house, Diane suddenly frowned.

Kiomi shot her a confused smile, "You okay?" Diane nodded, "Yeah, it's just uh...this is Ten's house."

Kiomi nodded. When Diane noticed her calm expression her eyes widened, "Wait you like live here?"

The younger nodded, "Not just me of course, another friend stays as well, his name is Shotaro."

Diane nodded in alarm, clearly taking in the suprise information, Kiomi snorted, "Hope it's not a large shock or anything, I just stay here when I visit, since my family is mostly in Latin America."

"You're from Latin America?"

Kiomi laughed at Diane's expression, "Of course, my family's ancestors immigrated there when America didn't allow them for work so here I am."

Diane folded her across her chest with a large grin, "That's so cool," Kiomi blushed, "Oh, well that's enough about me, shall we go inside?"

When they entered, they meet Yangyang at the door with Renjun, upon seeing the two, they smiled, coming to greet them.

YangYang embraced Diane with a wide grin, holding tightly onto the elder before letting her go, "You sure you can't stick around forever," Diane swatted his shouted with a playful eye roll, "No YangYang."

The younger pouted, but nevertheless went back to his usual happy go smile, "Well we're about to go out, see you guys."

They waved goodbye, watching as the door closed behind them, Diane yelped when Kiomi pulled her up towards the stairs.

They walked up the long spiral staircase, walking into a hallway before stopping at a white door, She turned to her with a smile, "Well, here's my room."

When they entered, Diane's jaw drop, the entire room was white, as spotless as a piece of jewelry, the room was huge, a large flatscreen TV overlooking from her bed.

Kiomi found her bewilderment funny, she chuckled, "I know, it's not really my room, but I keep it fresh."

And she certainly did.

Diane let out a choked up laugh, twirling around before glancing at her desk, there were small bottles of paint unopened, her eyebrow arched, "You like to paint?"

Kiomi nodded with a quick smile, "Yeah, a hobby I picked up a little recently." Diane nodded, Kiomi smiled at her again before taking the paint away and placing it inside a bin underneath her desk.

"I was working with them earlier but I don't want it to dry now so..." Diane found herself finding the younger's words a bit funny, the paint she claimed to use wasn't exactly open.

Yet she decided not to question it.

She gave her a smile, "Well, what's the plan." Kiomi held up a board game, "This, I was thinking we could play a game, I don't know."

Diane clapped her hands, "Sounds fun."

Kiomi plopped down on the fuzzy floor carpet, unboxing the large box, she smiled at Diane, "Shall we."

The older gave her a quick smile, "Yeah." She sat right down, watching as she set up the game.

Soon, they began, and time seemed to be on their side, Diane smiled, relaxing the tension in her shoulder as she stopped, Kiomi glanced up at her, "You okay," Diane nodded, "Better than ever."

They quickly returned back to the game, playing until they were tired, Kiomi lay on her back, "That was fun."

Diane laughed, she smiled but her attention was focused elsewhere, she found herself staring back the bin where Kiomi's paint was stashed.

"Yeah, definitely."

❒ BERRY PIE