Prologue

Dubheasa's POV

The original fairy tales were somewhat gruesome and not many (if any) characters lived happily ever after. They are not stories most people would tell their little kids but years ago they did. The people who read them knew they were fairy tales but if they were old enough, they knew that there was also some truth behind them, unlike fairy tales in this modern age. The stories from ages past grounded us to reality, they had the revenge Cinderella got on her stepsisters' by having birds pluck the step-sisters' eyes out and then eat the eyes. In other tales of Cinderella, in exchange for marrying Prince charming she requested a pair of golden slippers and with them she left each year to a ball in a different kingdom where she won the hearts of all the princes, leaving none for the other ladies, for they were not as beautiful.

But modern fairy tales are "more fit for children" as some would say. No gruesomeness or gore but also nothing of the real world. Any truth that used to fill the pages of fairy tales gone with time. Now, fairy tales have a happy start, it gets bumpy in the middle but, in the end the prince saves the princess, and they all live happily ever after. All because the princess had hope and patience and beauty. In the end the bad guy gets locked away and no one dies.

Those are the stories I grew up reading, and I was fooled by them, the real world is filled with crime, revenge, cruelty, lies, abuse, betrayal, unfairness, and murder (along with other stuff I didn't mention).

I was stupid enough to believe that none of that was real and that I'd get my happily ever after, but here I am, facing the end, in an alley way, dying in a puddle of my own blood, without my happily ever after.

With that final thought everything goes black, no more crimson or gray blood and alley ways.

__________
A/N I hope you guys liked this chapter and hope you have a great day/night