Chapter 1

Hayden/Diso Hevitra's POV

I hear the sirens getting closer and see the blue and red lights getting brighter. Glass and beer bottles crunching under my heavy feet. The sack of gold on my back uncomfortably swinging side to side. I look over the edges of the buildings I'm running on. I hear the bang of a pistol; I turn my head just in time to see a hollow-point bullet whiz past my head, catching a lock of my ear length auburn hair.

More shots are fired, now that they have gotten closer made me in range.

I hiss in pain as a bullet nicks the tip of my ear. After a few minutes of trying and sometimes failing to dodge bullets, I could see Adirfilon running on the rooftops opposite of me, (A/n Adirfilon teleported to London, because he has that power, or at least that's what Diso Hevitra thinks. Btw Adirfilon and Diso Hevitra are enemies.) but before either of us could engage in combat, a police officer shot me in the right calf. I let out an ear-piercing screech of pain.

Seconds after the bullet pierced the skin of my calf, I collapsed and since I was running so fast before, I rolled, fast, right over the edge of a six-floor building into an alleyway, on my back. Fun.

'No matter how much pain you're in you got to get up and out of here before they get here to find you.' I tell myself and with that I heave myself up and let out a small groan of pain.

I put my hand on my right calf to try to stop the bleeding and limp away to another alleyway some ways away.

Once I got to a random alleyway not far from where I was before, but far enough that the cops wouldn't find me. I sit down and oh. My. God. there is an expanding puddle of blood coming from behind a couple of crates. "What. The. Actual. Fuck!?" I whisper shout. I mean I know there's lots of crimes in Croydon, London, but I didn't think I'd see blood, as in actual proof the person's dead not just missing.

I wearily walk around the crates and see a girl no older than my seventeen-year-old self, with wavy ginger hair (currently stained crimson with blood but were not going to talk about that) and light freckles dusting her cheeks, and bridge of her nose, limply hugging herself, in a protective manor, in the expanding puddle of blood that turns out is hers. Multiple bruises, cuts, and where the blood is coming from, stab wounds, littered her unearthly pale skin.

"Oh, my fucking god!" I all but scream rushing over to the beautiful but dying girl, and kneel next to her, uselessly fumbling my hands over the girl. 'Oh, quit that fumbling, and do something to actually help her' my thoughts yelled at me. 'I know I should help her, that's what I'm trying to do, I just don't know how' I snapped back. All that only lasted like three seconds.

I check the fallen angel's pulse, it was very slow and very weak, but it was better than none, even if it was barely noticeable.

I quickly change into my civilian clothes and hurriedly but carefully picked up the ginger haired beauty.

I know the ambulance won't make it here in time, so I run, and run, and run with the girl that now means everything to me in my arms. My wounds and the sack of gold forgotten.