Chapter 1

Except for the low hum of machinery that could be heard reverberating through the deserted halls that normally would be busy with soldiers hurrying to the cafeteria for a fine meal, the ship was eerily quiet. This didn't interest me in the least because I was too caught up in my own thoughts. Even though I last fought that monkey Goku a long time ago, I still haven't exacted revenge on him for killing me. I gritted my teeth, furious at the idea of having allowed a Saiyan to defeat me so easily. With a sigh, I gripped the sides of my hover pod and forced myself to stand. I glided downwards from my hover pod towards the ground, not intending on greeting my waiting attendants; Kikono and Berryblue who were patiently standing on either side of me. From a nearby vent, a wave of cold air embraced me upon landing. Despite this, I ignored it and quickly went to my chambers, hoping neither of my servants would try conversing with me. Kikono cautiously called after me, "Lord Freeza..?" I quickly flicked my tail to the side to let him know I heard him. He appeared to understand and to leave me alone as I rounded a curve and was no longer in his line of sight. Meanwhile, I overheard Berryblue quietly laughing at Kikono's hesitation to talk to me. Given that Kikono had been working for me for a while, I secretly chuckled at him since I assumed he would be less afraid of me. The many troops in their sleeping quarters could be heard snoring loudly and mumbling softly as I moved along the long hallway of rooms. I was moving through the hallways when I abruptly stopped when I saw a recognizable beam of light that flickered almost rhythmically. I had intended to hold onto the nostalgic feeling it produced for just a little bit longer before it vanished into nothingness. Since my father retired, this particular light had been broken, but I just hadn't cared to have one of my attendants fix it since then. I continued walking to my chamber, only to see the familiar light fade behind me as I rounded a final corner. I walked up to my chamber door, which slid open, and upon entering I placed my hand on a small screen that was fastened next to the door. A light flashed, alerting me that the door was locked, while the cold screen scanned my hand. I turned around and walked over to my bed, where I sat down on the plush mattress. I took a moment to observe the stars shining through a little window on the opposite side of my room as I gazed around its snow-white interior. I felt the carpet under my feet; It was soft and fuzzy, reminding me of the creatures humans take on walks from time to time. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes, hoping a short nap would help me think. Initially, sleep was hard to get, but I managed to clear my mind of all my current tensions that kept me awake. I looked up at the white ceiling extending into my room for a few moments, feeling my eyes getting heavier with every blink and I quickly found myself sleeping quietly.

I was instantly awakened by the sound of chatter flowing across the ship. Oh goodie. I muttered to myself since I knew I had to get up soon to start directing the troops to their respective stations. Despite this, my thoughts kept returning to the monkey I loathed the most, Goku. I still need to figure out a effective way to defeat him..but how? I looked to a single dragon ball my soldiers had managed to collect from Earth resting on a nearby desk. Could I simply just wish him away? Maybe not, that's no fun. I closed my eyes as I felt a headache forming from stress. I decided I would just have Berryblue take over for the time being as I was in no mood to deal with my usual duties, though I also wanted to devise a plan to defeat Goku so I could stop stressing over such an insignificant monkey. I immediately came up with an idea. It was of course sinister but also humiliating for myself but this is the only way I could defeat him effortlessly without issue.

(Author's Note: So sorry it's short this is my first book and I really tried to make it interesting for you all. I will be making slight edits to this if I feel it's needed!)