Part 5: Just chilling, fixing

Peter finds out how to eventually let us out. Peter called his Aunt May so we can use her massive F.E.A.S.T truck to travel without unneeded attention. While Spider-Man, Norman Osborn, Max Dillion, and maybe Doctor Octavius can safely walk around, the same can't be said for the massive Dinosaur, the guy made out of lava and charcoal, and someone made out of literal sand.

Once Aunt May arrives, few words are said as Peter opens the back, letting the villains, excluding Norman inside. I also volunteered to get in the back, just to be safe. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, but It's a little easier to look in the passenger seats this time of day, and I don't wanna take any more chances. 

Peter sits in the passenger seat, Aunt May is driving and everyone else is in the back, there are no seats at all, but that means plenty of room for big Lizards

During the drive, I can't help but a slight nervousness, like something telling me I shouldn't do this, get cured, I mean. But I just mentally shake it off and try to strike a conversation.

"So, you all know Peter Parker is Spider-Man, right?" I query, most of them glance, but don't respond, so I try to be more specific. "I mean, you're all Spider-man's.... villains, right?" This catches Max's attention the most.

"Villains.. huh?" Max slightly laughs. I realize I probably said something rude and try to take it back.

"I didn't mean it like that-"

"Nah, nah, nah, I hear you." Max assures me. "I mean, we've all fought him once or twice. So I guess we were his 'villain'...." He maunders.

"Well, yeah, but I was trying to ask...." I pause a bit before getting to the point. "Why do you guys hate him? *your* Peter, I mean." I question, everyone's face now has a somber, or a bitter expression.

"I looked up to Spider-Man, kinda like you did, he saved my life and it's something I never forgot." Max begins. "Then one time, once I got my.... abilities, weird stuff was happening, then Spider-Man came offered to bring me to a spot 'to talk'." He then bitterly chuckles. "Well, that was an lie. The second I moved a few feet, in perfect position, bam! I was shot by police, Spider-Man stabbed me in the back, that's how I learned my 'idol' wasn't a hero as much as he likes taking down the 'bad guy'." Max finishes, and I just stare at him with a surprised look.

"Would he really lie like that?" I question him, and that's when Doc Ock, chimes in.

"I was demonstrating my greatest machine, my fusion reactor at Oscorp, everything was going fine. There was an error of course, and I was fixing it, but Spider-Man ruined everything!" Doc Ock angrily say. "My wife was killed because of his interference, Max here is right, that boy is no hero!" Doc Ock states.

Flint shakes his head. "And then when you tried again, your machine was swallowing New York whole." He mentions.

"I said, I was handling it!" Doc Ock retorts. "And besides... I had nothing left, it would've been a crime to not finish what I started." He finishes, his voice tuning back to silence.

Norman looks down, not saying anything. Curt just observes the conversation as it plays out. "But Spider-Man wouldn't purposely kill someone, right?" I query.

Max gives me an amused look. "Give it time, man, he'll show his true colors soon enough." He says, as if it's a promise. The topic dies there, leaving everyone to their thoughts.

The way they spoke, they didn't sound like they were lying, and I'm still kinda shocked at what Peter said at F.E.A.S.T, but to kill someone? If Spider-Man is one thing, he can't be a murderer, that I know.