First Day of Jedi Training

Carmine looked at himself in the mirror as he wore his new Jedi garments for the first time. Beige and brown were not exactly the colors he was accustomed to wearing as Count Crescendo or Carmine. Caroline helped him adjust his belt properly.

"Remember, Carmine. I know it's scary and probably feels odd being older than the average beginning Jedi, but everyone learns at different speeds." Caroline told her husband. "Play nice with the other kids."

"Pfft. Honey, it's not my first day of kindergarten." Carmine rolled his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at your teachers, Carmine. And especially not at your wife."

"Yes, Dear."

Lamenta also looked at herself in the new purple Jedi garments she wore. They were brown, but Gabby helped make them more Lamenta's style. She was so nervous. Today, she and her father were going to take their first classes. Or, at least a trial run to see if they should join classes or be trained under a Master.

Gabby was joining today too. But just for today. She still had a lot to teach her father about controlling his magic.

"Are you excited about the first day of class, Lamenta?" Gabby asked.

"I don't know." Lamenta said nervously. "I've never even been to a real preschool. Usually Mommy or one of Daddy's dancers was my tutor when we travelled."

"I know what you mean. Boba and I are homeschooled too, except in only two different places. But you know what I mean."

Gabby put a hand on her cousin's shoulder.

"Look, cous. I know it's scary, and I'm a bit scared too. But you're not going through it alone. I'll be there to make sure your first day goes off without a hitch."

Carmine soon came to fetch the girls.

"Ready for class, kids?" He asked.

"Coming, Daddy." Lamenta said.

Carmine, Lamenta, and Gabby all were guided into a classroom by Master Yoda, where Master Windu was getting ready to begin a meditation class.

"Welcome, new students." Mace said. "Children, I'd like to introduce Carmine Jinn and his daughter Lamenta. You probably already know Gabriella Skywalker. They will be joining us for meditation today."

Mace told the three newest recruits to pick a pillow and sit down.

Gabby and Lamenta found a couple of pillows and sat beside each other as Mace guided everyone through meditation.

The room was quiet. Very quiet. Everyone was guided through a series of slow, deep breaths as they sat with their eyes closed, and emptied their minds.

So far, Gabby was finding meditation very relaxing. But then she heard soft snoring. She opened one eye and looked to see Carmine laying on his pillow, having fallen asleep during meditation. Everyone else remained focused in meditation. But Gabby wasn't the only one who noticed Carmine sleeping. Lamenta, being one with night magic, sensed he was sleeping, and carefully tiptoed over to her father and shook his shoulder.

"Wake up, Daddy." Lamenta whispered into his ear.

But, Carmine kept sleeping. So, Lamenta grabbed her pillow and whacked her father on the head with it, which woke him right up.

"Hey." Carmine whined quietly.

"It's not naptime, Daddy." Lamenta said, playfully whacking her father with the pillow again, knocking his glasses off his head.

Carmine put his glasses back on.

"I think two can play at that game." Carmine said, and he whacked Lamenta with his pillow.

At first, the father and daughter just playfully hit each other with their pillows, trying not to disturb anyone's meditation. But then Carmine flung his pillow too hard and knocked Gabby out of her meditation.

"Uncle Carmine!" Gabby scolded loudly, disturbing most meditators.

Gabby cracked her knuckles as she picked up two more pillows with the Force, and then threw them at her uncle and cousin. Other kids watched for a bit until Carmine exclaimed, "Pillow fight!"

And before they knew it, all the students were throwing their pillows all over the place.

There were pillows flying with the Force, pillows being thrown back and forth, left to right, right to left. Feathers were flying all over the place, and even Mace couldn't meditate through.

"Stop this right now before someone gets-" Mace stopped as Carmine hit him with a pillow.

"Don't be such a buzzkill, Master Windu." Carmine laughed. "Have some fun for once!"

Carmine whacked him with the pillow again, this time knocking him to the floor and onto a pile of pillows.

"Okay, that tears it." Mace said, picking up another pillow, only to get hit over the head by one that ripped in the middle and was stuck around him like a tutu or something.

Meanwhile, Anakin was walking through a hall with his Padawan.

"You think your brother's gonna handle Jedi lessons any better than you did?" Ahsoka asked.

"If he's anything like me, Carmine can handle it." Anakin said. "Besides, Gabby's there to make sure nothing happens to him or Lamenta."

However, the two Jedi heard a commotion coming from one of the classrooms. Anakin scratched his head.

"Hmm. I don't remember classes being so noisy, even when I was a kid."

"Why do I get the sense Carmine's probably more reckless than you?" Ahsoka said.

Anakin and Ahsoka approached the classroom and opened the door, and they were flabbergasted by what they saw. A massive pillow fight between all the students, and tons of feathers flying all over the place.

Carmine threw one more pillow, and this time it hit Anakin in the face.

"Carmine!" Anakin said, pulling the pillow off his face.

Carmine froze. So did Gabby and Lamenta at the sound of Anakin's voice.

"We were, uh... meditating." Lamenta said.

"Uncle Carmine fell asleep, we woke him up, and things got a little out of control." Gabby explains.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, Skywalker... but your brother makes you look mature." Mace said.

After that huge pillow fight, the Jedi Council decided Carmine and Lamenta needed to learn under a Master's teachings. Since Obi-Wan didn't have a Padawan and already had experience with one of the twins, the Council decided to see how Carmine did under his teachings. As for Lamenta, they were uncertain who was the best teacher for her. But, they agreed to let Gabby help her learn since she had plenty of experience and excellent control over the Force for a half-Jedi princess her age.