A War on Two Fronts

Separatist takeover complete. Another Republic planet has fallen. Onderon has seceded to the Confederacy of Independent Systems under the rule of a new king. However, a small band of rebels have taken refuge deep within its vast and savage wilderness. From an abandoned outpost, they plot to take back the heavily fortified capital city of Iziz and end the Separatist occupation.

The Jedi Council had a meeting in which some of the Onderonian rebels spoke with them.

"Unfortunately, the only way to reclaim Onderon will be through armed struggle." said Young Lux Bonteri. "But we lack sufficient hardware and supplies."

"Onderon is in your king's rule and at the outbreak of the Clone War," said Obi-Wan. "he chose to align it with the Separatists."

"Our true king has been silenced," said an older rebel. "The one you recognize is a traitor and a Separatist minion. We need your help to survive this."

"Find a way we shall." said Yoda.

Lux bowed.

"We await your answer."

And the transmission ended.

"There are pockets of rebels on many of these planets that just need guidance." said Anakin. "With training and resources, they could attack soft targets while the Republic continues to engage them on the battlefield."

"That sounds like terrorism, Anakin." Obi-Wan pointed out.

"Well, I think of it as an insurgency to help realign these planets with the Republic."

"If Anakin's idea is too terrible, what can we do?" Carmine asked.

"We can divide the Separatist forces and press them on two fronts." said Mace.

"A means to an end fear cannot be." said Yoda. "Stop those who spread terror the Jedi must."

"Indeed." Obi-Wan agreed. "What you're suggesting would open up dangerous possibilities. And we must not train terrorists."

"How do we even know if they're terrorists?" Carmine pointed out.

"They're rebels." Anakin said.

"How we conduct wat is what distinguishes us from others." said Obi-Wan. "Funding rebels to overthrow a legitimate government puts innocent lives at risk."

"We can minimize collateral damage by using arms that mainly affect droids."

"Anakin does have a point. Even if we're not part of the fight, we should at least help them defend themselves." Carmine said.

"The least we can do is help them defend themselves." Mace agreed. "Test the tactic while we're at it."

Anakin chuckled and said, "This could be a great new weapon for us."

"Must you weaponize everything?" Carmine said.

"You weaponized pillows and music." Anakin pointed out.

"I told you a million times, that pillow fight in the classroom was started by accident!"

Obi-Wan sighed. Despite different personalities, the twins definitely shared the trait of behaving like children.

"Train and observe." said Yoda. "Send advisors we will."

"I'll assemble a team." said Anakin.

"I'm going with you." Obi-Wan said, getting up from his seat and approaching Anakin.

"What, you don't trust me?"

"Too much." Obi-Wan placed a hand on Anakin's shoulder. "That's what worries me."