*III* (EDITED)

Chapter Three

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

Yeosang pulled up to the rundown warehouse, where another car was parked nearby. Jongho and Mingi stood beside it, waiting for his arrival. As Yeosang stepped out of his car, he gestured for the person in the passenger seat to join him. Together, they walked towards the two agents, briefcases in hand.

"Good morning, guys. I have a special announcement," Yeosang began, placing a hand on the newcomer's shoulder. "This is Ravn."

Mingi and Jongho exchanged puzzled looks, unsure of what to make of this new development. Yeosang chuckled at their confusion, introducing Ravn as the new recruit who would be working with them from now on.

"It's nice to meet you, Ravn. I'm Mingi, and this is Jongho," Mingi said, offering a friendly smile while Jongho gave a hesitant wave.

Ravn bowed deeply. "Hello, sunbaenims. I will work my hardest."

Yeosang patted Ravn's shoulder reassuringly. "Don't worry, we all believe in you." With that, he distributed files to each of them, outlining their mission objectives.

"This is what we're looking for. The drug is our priority, but if you find anything else, take a sample. And if you run into danger, two clicks on the ear monitor," Yeosang explained.

They all nodded, ready to begin their mission. Splitting into pairs, they entered the warehouse. Mingi and Yeosang searched the ground floor, while Ravn and Jongho took the second.

After a while, Mingi paused in his search to address Yeosang. "Are you sure about him? Are you sure about putting a new recruit on the front line right away?"

Yeosang turned to face him. "We need four people in a squad. I'm the squad leader now. You need to trust me."

"But we've always worked as three. It was just the three of us before Jongho joined. Seonghwa hyung was special. We relied on just the three of us because of him," Mingi argued, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Seonghwa hyung is gone. We have no chance of getting through this with just the three of us," Yeosang replied, his tone firm. "I looked up to him so much. He was my best friend. The past year without him has been so difficult."

Mingi approached Yeosang and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, pulling him into a hug. It was a rare display of emotion between them, a silent acknowledgment of the loss they both felt. "I'm sorry," Mingi whispered, offering his support to his friend and new leader.

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

On the second floor, Jongho led the way through the dark, desolate hallways. Room after room yielded nothing but emptiness, the silence broken only by the echo of their footsteps. Ravn turned a corner and disappeared into a room, his flashlight casting eerie shadows. "Hey, Jongho," his voice called out, breaking the silence. "I think I found something."

Jongho hurried over, his curiosity piqued. In the centre of the room was a hospital bed, its frame adorned with leather straps and chains, the mattress stained and torn. Scanning the room, Jongho's flashlight revealed claw marks and blood splatters on the walls. In a corner, he spotted a small vial among broken glass. Gesturing for Ravn to join him, Jongho carefully picked up the vial, its contents swirling blackley inside.

"What the hell is that?" Ravn asked, his voice filled with unease. Before they could investigate further, Yeosang's voice crackled through their ear monitors.

"Meet us downstairs. We found the basement," Yeosang instructed.

"Will do. See you in a sec," Jongho responded, pressing a button on his earpiece. He pocketed the vial and nodded to Ravn, and the two made their way downstairs to meet Yeosang and Mingi in the main entrance.

The main entrance of the warehouse was cavernous, typical of such industrial spaces, with steel walls towering overhead and a pervasive humidity hanging in the air. As they gathered, Yeosang led the way down to the basement, the screams and laughter echoing from below sending a shiver down their spines.

Descending into the basement, the cacophony of sounds grew louder, a chilling symphony that set their nerves on edge. They knew they were about to uncover something horrifying, something that would test their resolve like never before. But nothing could prepare them for what lay ahead.

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

New character

Ravn 

Human

Newest Member of the 1024th squad

22 years old (age is inaccurate I know this isn't his real age)