Strange Feelings (text & Social Media)

Aug, 15, 2022
After School

Yelenas POV:

After the long summer break it was hard to get back into a full day of work, learning and teachers. The only good thing about school was, that I could see Kate again. I wasn't expecting it to be soo hard to not see her at all for the last few weeks. So I felt lucky that we had almost every class together. We even had Volleyball together after school. Eventho almost our whole friendgroup likes to play Volleyball we two are the only ones who are still playing in the school team.
When I hugged her goodbye after School today and went with Natasha to her car to drive home, i had a strange feeling in my gut. I was confused by it.

I was so in my own world that I didn't even noticed that Natasha had asked me something until I noticed her eyes on me. „Is everything alright? You seemed to be in your own little world."
„Yeah, I guess."

Natasha didn't seem like she really believed me but didn't ask any more questions.

When we arrived at home I instantly went to my room and closed my door. I put my bag away and plopped on my bed, Kate and this strange feeling never once leaving my head.

‚What was happening to me?'
I flinched when I heard a knock on my door, too absorbed in my own thoughts again to hear someone approaching my room.

„Yelena?! Can I come in?"
Asked Natasha and I nodded until I remembered that she couldn't see me.
„Yes, come in."

Slowly she opened my door and entered my room, closing the door behind her.
She sat down beside me and just looked at me.

„Is really everything ok? You seem kinda off! Did something happen in school?"
She looked at me with her deep green eyes and I felt like a five year old again.
I shrugged my shoulders.
„I... I don't know... I.."
Once again I flinched when Natasha put her arms around me and pulled me into a hug, because I didn't notice her movements to absorbed in my own thoughts again.

„Oh Lena. You can tell me if something happens. You should know this."
Something in her words made me feel even more like this little child again, that was scared about a small spider.
I put my own arms around her and tucked my head under her chin.

Slowly Natasha moved her hand into my hair and stroked it.
We sat like this for a long time and slowly I got my self together again.
„Did you ever feel something strange in your gut, when you hugged your best friend? Like you ate something wrong?"
Slowly I looked up, scared about what Natasha might say.

„You mean like a fluttery feeling?"
When I nodded she continued.
"Yeah twice. The first time it scared the shit out of me."
"What... What is is? Why is it that suddenly I have these strange feelings about my best friend? What is happening to me?"
"Oh Lena, are you sure, that it happened suddenly? Don't you think you had this feelings for quite some time and just didn't noticed them?"

I thought about what Tasha said.
Maybe she was right, maybe I did had these feelings before today, but that just scared me even more.
I tugged my head under Natasha's chin again and hugged her even tighter. "I am scared." I whispered.

"I know. Falling in love for the first time is scary. But it is even more beautiful. And if it helps, Kate has definitely the same feelings as you."
Startled I looked at Natasha again.
"Kate? Who said something about Kate?"
"You didn't have to, it was obvious who you where talking about."

I was quiet for sometime. Thinking about everything Natasha just said.
"I am scared how everyone will react. How Kate will react, how mom and dad will react, how our friends will react." I admitted at last.