1. Childhood

"Hey y/n, I hope you liked the gift I gave to you, there's you favourite colour in it and since you like soft things, i gave this blanket just for you." Mark smiled at y/n who's  face lit up with a grin. She hugged him and thanked him.
Mark sat down next to her on the floor. He took off his backpack from off of his shoulder. He took out his sketchbook and started to draw little stick people of y/n and him. On the top he wrote: Best friends forever!

Mark slowly handed his work to you and you squealed happily.
"Y/n, promise me  that you'll keep it safe until we get to high school so nobody steals it!" He smiled nervously as y/n laughed at him.

You promised yourself to keep it safe.
And you kept your promise.
Every day, he would be hanging out in your house when your parents are not here. Your parents already knew about him though, because you lived next door to him.  They were pretty chill and they let you bring someone home from time to time. You don't mind Mark though, he is always nice to be around and never causes any trouble. And whenever your mom or dad leave, Mark is always by your side helping you out, no matter how much he says otherwise.

But that was decades ago.