puppy love - deunpeu

omg have y'all seen epex's comeback announcement? they're furries again 🤩

---

"Come on, please! Let me go with you!" Jaeho practically begged Yejun, the blonde only rolling his eyes playfully. "You know you can't. Dawit hyung specifically put me in charge of this, y'know?"

"But... what if you get hurt and no one's there? Come on, please!"

"No, and that's a final." Yejun said sternly, not giving in to Jaeho's pleading. He grabbed the heavy box of art supplies stacked upon each other and carried them out the room.

Jaeho pouted as he watched the other leave, feeling even emptier in the empty classroom.

The two were art students and first met when they were paired together for a summer project last year. Ever since then, they've been known for their cheesy and romantic displays of affection, sometimes even being dubbed as the "it couple" of the school.

Two handsome and talented guys being cute together? They were bound to be the talk of the school.

It didn't bother them all that much. Most students who were against their relationship usually kept it to themselves since Jaeho and Yejun were popular around campus. If word ever got out that any student was against them, that student's reputation would be plummeting in an instant.

There was one slight problem, though...

Nothing was official.

For a year, Yejun and Jaeho have been acting like a cute couple, but they never actually had a label. It bothered the younger of the two very much.

"What was that?" Kyungmin asked, approaching Jaeho from behind.

"Dawit hyung asked Yejun to help him transfer some heavy art supplies. What if he gets hurt?"

"Don't worry, I'm sure he won't." The older reassured calmly, receiving a frown from the other in return. "I know he won't! I just... can't imagine being even one feet away from him."

"You should make it official. Go and confess to him, Jaeho-yah."

"It's not easy! What if he thinks everything we do is platonic and when I do confess, he tells me that he doesn't feel the same way and that he thinks I'm gross for liking him and that I'm notinhisleagueandhefindsaprettygirltodateandforgetsaboutmeandglaresatmewheneverheseesmeandhatesmeforeverandwantsnothingtodowithmebecauseimdisgustinginhiseyesiwouldntbeabletohandlethat-"

"Jaeho!" Kyungmin snapped him out of trance. "I'm sure Yejun has the same feelings for you, so go and find him before someone else does."

"B-But-"

"Jaeho."

"Okay, fine." Jaeho sighed in defeat. Kyungmin was probably his number one supporter. He was the person who encouraged him to pursue his dream in arts, anyway.

Jaeho left the classroom, looking for Yejun all over the school but the blonde was nowhere to be found.

When he saw Dawit and Donghyun in the halls, he immediately walked up to them to grab their attention. "Guys? Where's Yejun?"

"Oh, he left campus just a few minutes ago. Not sure where he went, though. Perhaps that milkshake place he always goes to." Dawit responded. After Yejun helped him transfer the boxes, he waved to him goodbye before practically disappearing.

"Why? Did he not text you where he is?" Donghyun asked. The younger solemnly shook his head. "That's strange... maybe try calling him."

Jaeho took a while before nodding and thanking them. He jogged to a more private part of the building and began to dial Yejun's number. Jaeho counted each ring anxiously. Usually, he'd answer on the first or second ring, but now, it's already reached five.