third apricot

"So, what's up with you and that Lando boy?" Em asked as they were on their way back to their accommodation

"So, what's up with you and that Lando boy?" Em asked as they were on their way back to their accommodation. They all wanted to have a shower and get ready for the evening.

Nea glanced at Em, noticing the curiosity in her friend's eyes. She hesitated for a moment, unsure of how much to share. But ultimately, she decided to be honest.

"Not much, really," Nea replied, trying to downplay the significance of her interaction with Lando. "We just had a chat by the beach, that's all."

Em raised an eyebrow, clearly not convinced by Nea's casual tone. "Just a chat, huh?" she teased, nudging Nea playfully. "Sure didn't look like 'just a chat' from where I was standing."

"Because it wasn't just a chat," Linnea teased her friend as well. "It was him, wasn't it?" she asked her because she was fairly sure Nea spent her previous night with Lando.

Nea chuckled nervously, feeling a blush creeping up her cheeks at the teasing from her friends. It was clear they could see right through her attempts to downplay the situation.

"Okay, fine," she admitted, unable to keep up the charade any longer. "We did spend some time together last night. But it's not like that, really."

Em and Linnea exchanged knowing glances, clearly amused by Nea's response.

"Uh-huh, sure," Em said with a playful grin. "So, what's the deal? Max said that he was pretty surprised when Lando left with you. He isn't much of a dating type," the oldest brought more info into the conversation. Of course, she already knew something otherwise she wouldn't have asked.

"Oh, um... well, I guess it was just a spontaneous thing," Nea stammered, trying to come up with an explanation. "We are kinda on the same wave when it comes to dating."

"Ahhh," Em expressed. "Well, then just have a good time with him here and then say goodbye to each other," the oldest suggested. She was always a bit of a free spirit.

"At least you will stop thinking about that asshole," Linnea chimed in.

"Did you two Sherlocks know that Pierre is Lando's fellow driver in Formula One?" The blonde asked her friends, but she knew they had no clue.

"See, I told you, he looked familiar," Lin crossed her arms on her chest and looked at Em.

"Fine, I owe you a drink," Em said defensively. "But then, it's probably not the best idea to start something with him, no?" she looked at her friend. She knew how hard it was for Nea when Pierre didn't give her what she wanted and never really wanted to be connected to her.

"I don't know really... I mean I can enjoy a couple of good nights, no?" Nea asked her friends and at that exact moment, her phone vibrated in her pocket. Curious, she pulled out her phone to check.

"It's from Lando," she announced, her voice tinged with surprise. "He's asking if I want to meet up again tonight."

---