【Round 1】

Revised

________________________________

Sitting in front of a computer at an Internet cafe, Yoo Joonghyuk began sorting out his thoughts as he clicked away on the keyboard.

He is currently eighteen and in his third year of high school.

The apocalypse would start in about two years and ten months later, the eclipse would occur and all shelters would lose power for twenty-four hours, leaving everyone defenseless as waves of monsters appeared.

Kim Rok Soo would then die.

His hold on the mouse tightened as he scowled at the screen.

He'll make sure that the bastard will live.

No matter how many regressions it'll take.

In the seat next to Yoo Joonghyuk, Lee Hyunsung wondered why he was glaring so angrily at the game...

Yoo Joonghyuk closed his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

Besides getting into contact with Lee Soo Hyuk again, there was one other person he had to meet.

But for now, there was something more important he needed to do.

Opening his eyes, he veered his gaze to the snack counter at the front of the cafe.

Yoo Joonghyuk watched as Kim Rok Soo lazily stood at the cashier, waiting for customers to arrive.

He had a nostalgic look on his face as he looked with distant eyes.

Before his regression, he had visited the Internet cafe with his classmates, but as he got more serious about becoming a professional gamer, the time he spent at the cafe became longer.

Appearing frequently, the two quietly acknowledged each other and a pleasant, unexpressed understanding seemed to form.

Yoo Joonghyuk remembered the worker while Kim Rok Soo remembered the customer.

The worker remembered his schedule and reserved his preferred room while the customer remembered the days he worked and only appeared then.

No words were spoken, they weren't needed.

It wasn't till the end of his third year did he decide to talk with Rok Soo.

So for this regression...

He won't waste his time waiting.

...

Kim Rok Soo blankly stood behind the counter as he read a web novel on his phone.

As he was about to turn to the next chapter, a stoic voice interrupted him.

"Do you go to Raon High School?"

Looking up, Rok Soo was met by the popular third year student, Yoo Joonghyuk.

Good looks.

Valedictorian.

Star martial artist.

If he had one word to describe the third year, it would be 'protagonist'.

Like the main characters in the novels he's read, Yoo Joonghyuk was someone he imagined would be the hero of the story.

Something that he wasn't.

He was also someone Rok Soo would like to avoid.

Hoping that it was just a brief conversation and that Joonghyuk would leave after he ordered, Rok Soo nodded his head.