regular day

Ian is walking to school, staff in hand as he confidently reaches the front doors. " today will be awsome " he wispered to himself as he went inside ready to start another day.

We skip to the 4th lesson of the day, its biology, and ian is giving a presentation on the anatomy of a mouse and why they make good scientific test subjects. When ian suddenly feels a twinge and becomes slightly light headed, its not enough to hinder him so he continues talking and sits down. Well he almost falls down as his knees buckle when he reaches his desk. But no one notices.

Ian is walking home, its not a long walk but certainly enough to do some good thinking. But about 10 minutes after he departed from school, that similar feeling comes back again, like he is suddenly thrown off a cliff and his head spins, he feels weak and like he's about to pass out. Ian, now slightly panicked, decides to sit down at the side of the path, placing his bag on the grass he tries to reorient himself by focusing his view on his phone case, staring intently at the deep blue and fixated on the yellowish orange of the pheonix gem painted on the back. After a few moments of not trying to pass out ian's vision sharpens and his mind becomes less cloudy. But he still feels kind of weak and lightheaded, he didnt think walking the rest of the way would be a good idea so he turns his phone around and rings barley.

"Sir Iandore lightfoot? How can i be of service?"
Ian chuckles at his brothers fantasy language
" heh hey barley, umm could you pick me up? Im not feeling well enough to walk the rest of the way..."
"Yeah... ofcourse, where are you?"
Ian looks around and spots a road sign
" uhh oh! Yeah im on old mushroomton drive?"
" got it, on my way ian!"
Barley hung up before ian could say anything else, ian knew this meant he would have to explain why he couldnt continue walking, which would then lead to worry from both barley and his mother.

A few minutes later an orange van with a mystical purple pegasus painted on the side pulls up and barley rolls down the window turning down his battle music enough to talk to ian. " hey wizard! Come on your chariot awaits you! " barley sais in a loud extravagant voice.
Ian still feels a weakness in his legs and isnt sure if he can get up on his own. " uhh could you give me a hand? " ian tries to yell over barley's loud music. Barley turns the music off and jumps out walking towards ian offering him a hand " you alright?" He asks in a concerned voice as he pulls ian to a standing postion. Ian stumbles and his legs are about to give to the ground beneath when barley catches him.
" woah! Carefull there bro, what happend? Did someone beat you up? If so just give me a name and you wont need to worry about them anymore..." barleys voice sharpens and becomes serious but his worry shows in his words " no, im okay, barley. Just got a really weird feeling today..." ian reaches out and grabs his staff that leant against the wall as barley helps his brother into the passenger seat of gwenivere 2 and quickly hops into the driver side.

Starting the ignition, barley sets off and looks over to his brother " so what happend?" He asked
Ian sighed and spoke " i-im not sure, i just felt really weak and like i was gonna pass out, the same thing happened at school today, mabey im coming down with something"
Barley thought to himself for a second but decided not to mention it.

The decorative van pulled into the drive way and barley jumped out, quickly opening ians side door and helping him out, " i think im okay now barley, thanks for getting me home" ian said as he continued to walk through the front door on his own.
"Barley Is that you?! Did you pick up your brother?" Called laurel from the other room  and she walked through the to kitchin where the boys were, " yeah mom im here " said ian. She placed a hand on the boys shoulder and her eyes darted across his face very decidedly "are you okay? Barley said you werent feeling great"
"Yeah mom, im alright now" ian said and he walked towards the stairs to go up to his room, as he hit the second step, that feeling returned to him.

Somthing inside him was telling him that his staff needed to be out of his hands and far away from him, like his staff was the cause of this sudden light-headedness and weakness. He let go of his staff and dropped to his knees on the stairs, his staff was too close to him, he could feel the energy and life almost be sucked out of it, like his staff was was sapping life away. Barley heard a thud come from where ian had left to.

He knew something wasnt right

Barley went to check it out but stopped in horror when he saw his brother clutching his head as if to keep it from cracking and falling to pieces. "IAN!" Barley yelled and rushed over to his brother,His shout alerting his mother into the room.
"The staff... B-arley ... g-et it a-way" ian struggled out , barley grabbed the staff and rushed it to the other room. Ian breathed, laurel sat with him on the stairs as he released his head and sank back to the wall behind him, he breathed in and out shallowly, barley walked through and breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of his relaxed brother "is that what happend at school?" Barley questioned but just got a nod in return. Ian tried to straighten himself to stand up but barley could quickly see that not going very well, " c'mon bro" barley ushered,he walked over to his weakend brother in order to help him up the stairs. " yeah i dont think your going to school tomorrow mister " laurel said in  jokey voice trying to lighten the situation