Amateurs - Moriarty x Female!Reader

A/N: Hey! So, this is a request from laneynoir. I don't have a lot of experience in writing about Moriarty, so I hope I don't suck and that you guys enjoy! (laneynoir, hope you love it and thanks for this brilliant idea. 🤍)

P.S. It's going to be a Moriarty x Female!Reader (I apologize in advance) because it's how the scenario played in my head before writing it. Also, sorry for the delay. Work has been quite intense these days and I fell asleep a few times while writing.😅

-----------------------------------------

It was a typical day in London. You woke up to your alarm, wanting to smash your cell phone against the wall as your alarm went off. You groaned heavily and then proceeded to look at the time: 8:45 A.M. Your eyes widened and you cursed under your breath. You were going to be late for work for the third time this week. You just managed to get this job at a coffee shop as you progressed in finishing some of your manuscripts to finally launch your career as a writer. "Great, I guess I'll skip breakfast, then." You were lucky your coffee shop was at a 5-minute walking distance from your flat. Otherwise, you'd be screwed and jobless. You were also lucky your boss saw your effort and hard work and how you were very responsible in the first 2 months you've been there.

"Alright, let me just grab my purse and keys. What else am I missing?" You said you finished preparing yourself in 5 minutes, shower included. You looked around and everything seemed perfect. You were just about to open the door to step out when suddenly... "Ugh, I left my phone in my room!" You groaned and ran back to your room to grab your phone and your earphones. Once you managed to get them, you opened the door to your flat and stepped outside to leave.

"Okay, I have 8 minutes to get to work. But first..." You say as you go to your music app and choose a perfect song for the walk. "Hmm, haven't heard this one in a while." You say as you tap on "I Caught Myself" from Paramore.

You started running through the intro all the way to your work. You halt in front of the crosswalk as you notice the green light. You sigh and wait for the traffic to subside so you can resume your frantic sprinting. You check your phone clock. Five minutes left. You notice three figures from the corners of your eyes: one on the left side of the street, another one behind you and the other one across the street you were about to reach. The light turns red and the traffic comes to a stop while you proceed sprinting like an antelope your job. You were so close, just a walk through the door. Sadly, as you went to open the door, your vision went black. You were grabbed by your waist and pulled into a van. "Hey, come back here! That's my employee!" your boss said as he noticed they took you away. The man on the driver's seat pointed a gun at him and your boss just stood there petrified while the van took off.

- Time Skip brought to you by Moriarty's Academy of Dance, where you're guaranteed to be evil with style -

You were sitting in a room, made up of only big white walls and people were looking through the glass window from the other side of the wall, but you didn't know that. You could only see your reflection in the window mirror. "Well, boss, we did it. Just as you asked." said one of the three men who captured you. "Well done, boys." said a man with an Irish accent as he lurked in the shadows.

- Time Skip brought to you by John's blog -

Back in Scotland Yard, news arrived that a 25-year-old female was kidnapped right outside the coffee shop she worked at. She matched your description.

"Alright, guys. There's a 25-year-old woman missing. Her name is (Y/N) (L/N). She has (e/c) eyes, (h/c) hair, and is about (y/h) tall. She was wearing a black polo shirt, some tan trousers, and black trainers." informed Lestrade to his unit. "Her boss said she was kidnapped right in front of the store and the perpetrators were heavily armed."

"Amateur job, if you ask me. Who would kidnap someone right in front of their workplace, where a lot of people are watching? And in broad daylight?" commented Anderson related to the briefing.

"Wrong", said a familiar baritone voice as he stepped in the office with a shorter man behind him. "This was obviously done by a professional, trying to make it look like an amateur did it. They kidnapped the wrong person on purpose as well."

"And what the hell are you doing here, Sherlock?" said Anderson as he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"I invited him. We need him on this case." Lestrade answered for Sherlock. Sherlock just smirked at Anderson in victory. "Wait, what do you mean by 'the wrong person'?" Lestrade raised an eyebrow.

"The kidnapper was after a similar looking woman: actress Diana Jones. She was being stalked for weeks." Sherlock said, showing Lestrade a picture of the actress. "Look, they even have similar facial structure. Same colour of eyes and hair, same height. Seriously, how are you not seeing this? Those kidnappers are cleverer than you lot." Sherlock retorted.

"Right, yeah. And how are we going to find the victim, smartarse? Since you're so clever, I mean." responded Donovan with her arms crossed and rolling her eyes.

"Simple. We text her phone and use the signal to trace it back to where she is. She probably still has it with her, considering the phone wasn't found on the ground when they kidnapped her. Now that, that was an amateur mistake." Sherlock replied and proceeded to text the woman's phone.

"How could possibly know she still has it with her?" John chimed in.

"Because, if this is who I think it is, he would've put her on the phone and started a puzzle before deciding to kill her." Sherlock stated as he texted you.

Meanwhile, you were tied to a chair with a gag in your mouth, your blindfold finally removed. "How do I get out of here?" was the first thought that popped into your head. "Wait a minute? Why do I still hear Paramore playing?" You questioned yourself while looking for the source for the music. You look down and notice you still had your cell phone in your pocket and your earphones were still in your ears. You then felt your phone vibrate slightly. Someone texted you, but you couldn't reach it.

Behind the glass, the man with the Irish accent stood up when he saw your squirming in your seat. What were you up to? "She's trying to move."

"Well, of course she is! She's tied to a chair, boss!" replied a blonde man in the background.

"No, you idiot! I meant she's trying to reach for something." the boss said exasperated. He looked closely and his eyes widened when he noticed the earphones still in your ears. Without delay, he stormed into the room, the door opening roughly and slamming the wall. You immediately froze and your eyes widened, staring at the man who was walking towards you. You trembled as the eerie atmosphere around you became dense. The man had dark hair slicked to the back, brown eyes that could cut your soul open with just one stare, and thin eyebrows. He was scary, but you had to admit that he was handsome. He approached you slowly and gingerly took out your earphones. Your breath hitched in your throat once his breath hit your neck.

"And just what do you think you're doing?"

-----------------------------------------

A/N: Ugh, I honestly enjoyed writing this one, I purposefully left y'all on a cliffhanger to make a part 2! (Stay tuned! 👀)

Again, sorry for the delay. These past weeks have been messed up. I live in Puerto Rico and the whole situation with Hurricane Fiona made a mess out of my schedule. 😅

Requests are still open! Just read the Author's Note at the beginning of the story for the guidelines.

Thank you for your love and support!

Lots of love,
Gracie 🤍