1

"Nico! Wake up! It's time for school. Don't wanna be late on your first day, do you now?" Hazel shouted from the outside of his room door.

He turned to the side of his bed and reached for the bed table where his phone was still plugged in from last night. He checked the time on his phone and read it. 7:39 a.m.
He still had about half an hour before they had to get to school, so what was the rush?

He was never really much of a morning person. He usually preferred the darkness. He loved the shadows where it was just him and his mind. Most of the time he enjoyed it, other times he didn't. He enjoyed the dark and solitude, nothing to bother him. Things would have been so much better if only... NO! I cannot allow myself to dwell on the past for too long. 'Bianca would have wanted you to be happy and move on'

He sighed and lay down in his bed for a few minutes, before he heard Hazel shout his name again. Ugh... seriously?

"5 more minutes! We still have an hour before heading to school. So why can't you just let me sleepuh!" Nico groaned and readjusted himself on the bed so that his head was in his pillow.

"Nico what do you mean we have an hour before school starts?!" Hazel shouted back at him. "We only have 15 minutes before 8:00 and you're telling me we have an hour!"

Wait! WHAT?!

Shit, he must have forgotten to reset his clock. He mentally face-palmed himself for being so forgetful. Blame the ADHD.

Hazel stormed up the stairs and barged into his bedroom.

"Hazel, ah- what the fuck did you do that for?!" Nico asked her. Perks of having a younger sister.

"Shut up, Ghost King! It's time for school, and I am so not going to be late on the first day, just because you won't get your lazy ass out of bed." Hazel instructed him while dragging the sheets of the bed. Nico groaned once more before pushing himself off the bed and pursuing Hazel out of his room so he could get ready for school.

He checked his soulmate's tattoo, one last time before, going into the bathroom to do his morning rituals. His soulmate tattoo. It was a giant ball of gas. No. not the one that smells. The sun and a first aid kit in it. The initials for his soulmate were written inside. W.S.

He stood in front of the small antique mirror, in his bathroom. He ran his slender fingers through his shaggy, messy black hair. He examined himself in the mirror. Some of the minor scars he had from being a foster child and running away, still littered all over his body. 

He looked at himself in the mirror. He always did this every morning, giving him the same old result every day. UGLY. That was the only word Nico could use to describe himself. He was UGLY on the outside, with dark circles and eye bags under his eyes from his insomnia due to the nightmares that kept him awake. 

He would usually wake up screaming and sweaty. Hazel was always there to comfort him anytime he had one of those shitty nightmares. The nightmares were always the same thing.

'It was your fault she died, they died. Your mom and Bianca died protecting you, and now you will pay for their deaths 'It was your fault, all your fault...'

'Fuck!' he thought to himself ' Bianca, made her decision! It wasn't your fault, Nico, it wasn't your fault!'

Out of anger,  he punched a fist-sized hole into the expensive concrete wall. It was a hard punch, no real damage was done to it, just a little crack in the wall. Nico, on the other hand, was rewarded with a fist full of blood.

Shit!  

He sighed and poured some water over the his hand. He removed his clothes and entered the jacuzzi that was filled with warm water. The water invigorated him. It sent a pleasant sensation from his head to his toes. He always felt more alive whenever he was in the shower. To Nico, the bathroom is a magical place; People would enter dirty, unclean, tired, and weak,  but when they come out of it, they are pure, clean renewed with newfound hope to tackle any obstacle life will carelessly throw at them.

(A/N: shit i bit my tongue again.)

He finished his shower and went into his large-sized walk-in closet. Even though the closet was big enough to fit an entire bunker of clothes, Nico only had a few clothes stocked in his there. He usually just wore the same old dressing attire every day. His usual black colored shirt with skull or skeletal designs on it, with his black skinny jeans and aviator jacket with a small sticker representing the flag of Italy stuck to it.

He tossed on his clothes, then went to stand in front of the mirror that was carefully fitted into the closet. He tried to arrange his shaggy black hair by combing it to the side, but his efforts were fruitless, as his hair bounced back into its original position. He really needed a haircut, but couldn't quite place it in himself to do just that. He actually kinda liked the way some of the hair in front would cover some parts of his face, it made him feel invisible.

He grabbed his, you guessed it black school bag, with skulls and little skeleton people dancing over it. He looked at himself one last time and sighed, before he made his way down to the dining room, where his father Hades Olympian, sat and was reading the day's newspaper.  Hazel sat beside their father and was eating a bowl of Cereal.

"Mornin' Pa." he greeted his father, while grabbing a red apple from the fruit bowl, and sitting down on the other side of his father.

"Mornin Nico, did you sleep well?" Hades asked while flipping the page to the sports section.

Nico gave a small nod in response and bit into his apple. Hades looked at him skeptically before raising his brow; then looked over to where Hazel was finishing her cereal and getting up to drop her bowl in the kitchen.

"C'mon Nico! Let's go, or you wanna take the bus to school?" Hazel asked him while walking to the couch in the living room where her purple backpack with little gemstones on it scattered on it, was lying. She shouldered her backpack, then went over to their father and gave him a peck on the cheek before turning over to Nico and nodding towards the door.

"You ready?" Hazel asked. Nico gave a small nod, shouldered his backpack, then turned towards his father who was getting up from his chair.

"Goodbye, Pa," Nico said to him, giving his father a side hug (not much of a hugger). Hazel hugged her father too and waved him goodbye.

"Alright, we'll see you later Dad!" Hazel said as she was walking out the door. "Send our greetings to Persephone for us if she comes over today." Persephone was their father's fiancée, whom he had met at a Christmas Gala last year. They had taken a liking to each other, and now they were going to get married.

"Sure thing Hazel, and say hi to Frank for me," Hades responded a smile gracing his pale face. He was glad to know that the children had already accepted her as their soon-to-be stepmom.

Nico nudged Hazel and together they set off towards their second life. Being students at Goode Highschool.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Have a haiku

My tongue hurts real bad
And my fingers are itching
To have lemon cake.

UwU✨
I'm awesome i know.

Love youuu-

*falls of the stairs again*